stippling - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > stippling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The best part is I actually really like it. And I work with professional shooters that like it too. So I don't think I did too bad

Old 10-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #22

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Oh I'm not trying to knock it. For one thing, that tree bark pattern as you called it, is much more original than anything I've ever seen.

I'm in the process of building a one piece grip for my revolver, and was thinking of doing vertical grooves for gripping purchase.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:32 AM   #23

I saw it called the tree bark pattern. It does resemble the pattern though. I used the "teardrop" tool of my woodburning tool and used the flat side to make my straight lines. I tried using a digging technique to make lines but it wasn't giving me the appearance I wanted. So I switched to to straight lines and only digging in about a 16th of an inch and dragging it down about 3/4 of an inch. It worked for me.