Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   DIY Projects (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/)
-   -   Starting a new build (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/starting-new-build-63471/)

GaMatt72 04-29-2012 02:13 AM

Starting a new build

Know I am new here and this has been done, but this will be my first AR build. This is what I am starting with. A spikes tactical Zombie stripped lower. And any thoughts and ideas on parts will help for the ones that know what they are talking about.

First question has anyone used and do you like the Timmy Trigger? Or what would be a great trigger system?

mountainman13 04-29-2012 02:18 AM

Are the spikes lowers back in stock?

Gatoragn 04-29-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaMatt72 (Post 785027)
Know I am new here and this has been done, but this will be my first AR build. This is what I am starting with. A spikes tactical Zombie stripped lower. And any thoughts and ideas on parts will help for the ones that know what they are talking about.

First question has anyone used and do you like the Timmy Trigger? Or what would be a great trigger system?

Timney has a good reputation.

Check out Palmetto State Armory for a lower parts kit, they have lots of trigger options. I like Rock River Arms 2 stage triggers, they are very easy to install. PSA has a combat trigger now that looks intriguing. PSA sells good stuff and a very competitive price.

GaMatt72 04-29-2012 04:24 AM

Forsyth county pawn in cumming Ga has a few but I got the last Zombie one they had.

I like anything Rock River. I shot my buddies RR a bunch. His had the 2 stage trigger. I like the way the Timmy Trigger is its own unit.

mountainman13 04-29-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaMatt72
Forsyth county pawn in cumming Ga has a few but I got the last Zombie one they had.

I like anything Rock River. I shot my buddies RR a bunch. His had the 2 stage trigger. I like the way the Timmy Trigger is its own unit.

Ah. Ok thanks. I was on the spikes site a couple weeks ago looking at lowers and when I went on the other day they were out of stock and not available locally.

Gatoragn 04-29-2012 01:35 PM

www.zombie-defense.com

2 Attachment(s)
I put my 45 acp upper on one of these:

GaMatt72 05-01-2012 12:32 AM

Just ordered my RR LPK from Jo Bob outfitters. Single Stage is what I went with after talking to a competition guy. He said go with the single till I get use to it then upgrade. He shoots comp with a 7lb trigger.

GaMatt72 05-03-2012 01:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 44862

My lower. My parts kit will be here Friday.

Sniper03 05-03-2012 01:28 AM

GAMATT,

You might also look at the JP Adjustable Triggers, I have one in my Sabre Defence 18" Comp 6.5 Grendel Rifle with KNS Anti Rotate Trigger and Hammer Pins. It is fantastic and the JPs are reasonable.:)

GaMatt72 05-03-2012 03:07 AM

Thanks but I have a Rock River single stage coming Friday. I will upgrade it later.