Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Springfield Model 15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Springfield Model 15

Me and Mrs. Wolf where pawnshopping today when I came across this pre '68 Model 15 for $50.00. Looked in pretty fair condition so I bought it. Now I need to figure out weather to Re-Store it or turn it into a project gun. I will more than likely turn it into a project gun.
guns-026.jpg
guns-029.jpg
My question is, I have only used Birchwood & Casey Blue and Rust Remover which seems to work OK but is there something more effective that could be recomended?

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2009, 05:03 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I have seen some really good results from Brownells Oxpho-blue.

Categories

You could also use some of Brownells Spray on finishes.

Categories

Old 09-27-2009, 02:17 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Model 15

I have two of those in my safe. One belonged to my dad and the other I bought with my first job sacking groceries for about $15 at the Western Auto.
I hunted with it for years and took bushels of squirrels with it.