Spikes tactical vs. Bushmaster LPK

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Spikes tactical vs. Bushmaster LPK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Spikes tactical vs. Bushmaster LPK

I am currently in the process of building an AR-14 from the ground up. I am sorta new to AR-15's so I am in need of some opinions. I currently have an Anderson stripped lower that I am looking to put a LPK in. I think i have narrowed it down to two brands, but i cant decide and was wondering if i could get some help. I found a bushmaster complete LPK on sale for what seems like a decent price (50) and I have also found a few spikes tactical LPK's for around 65. What do you guys think i should go with? I want quality parts that are going to last and function great. Also I am trying to achieve a mil-spec rifle.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 232 Times on 154 Posts

Either one will most likely be fine. Very few companies actually manufacture parts. They are usually outsourced and sold as whatever brand.

Flip a coin. I've seen expensive parts from big companies be slightly out of spec and cheap ones that work great.

Sent from a phone I can use to do my taxes, but can't make a damn call.