so,my wife wants an orange pistol???? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > so,my wife wants an orange pistol????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks M72,

Actually it's not a paint, more like an adhesive made by 3M. Chose to go this route since they had the color she wanted. By the time she changes her mind and she will! To blue, pink etc I can just remove the foil and go with another. It's been on for about 3 months now, and some wear is starting to show at the front of the slide, but mostly due to drawing the pistol from the holster. All in all I'm happy with it as long as the wife happy. I've included some other pics showing the wear, and what the pistol looks like with the .45 slide.

image-1309670573.jpg   image-2289522169.jpg   image-663421075.jpg   image-3776481667.jpg  

Old 05-05-2012, 03:15 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambowhite
Thanks M72,

Actually it's not a paint, more like an adhesive made by 3M. Chose to go this route since they had the color she wanted. By the time she changes her mind and she will! To blue, pink etc I can just remove the foil and go with another. It's been on for about 3 months now, and some wear is starting to show at the front of the slide, but mostly due to drawing the pistol from the holster. All in all I'm happy with it as long as the wife happy. I've included some other pics showing the wear, and what the pistol looks like with the .45 slide.
Interesting color.....

Old 05-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #33

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambowhite View Post
Thanks M72,

Zambo, I like that color scheme. What exactly is that if not paint, and how hard was it to do?

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 05-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #34

Liked 4785 Times on 2314 Posts
Likes Given: 1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfev1980 View Post
Not sure orange is a good idea as that is the universal "toy" color. Pick a different color and paint away.
^^This^^

If she had too use it do you really want her attacker thinking it's a toy and forcing her to shoot? I could also see an idiot DA pursuing charges in this situation because the would be attacker was on the verge of turning his life around and MAY not have walked into a bullet IF he had not thought the gun was a toy.

Tack

Old 05-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #35

Ben,

It's a sticker made by 3m best to have it applied by those car decal guys, that's also where I got it, it's weatherproof so cleaning the gun with solvents does not harm the sticker. They used a heatgun/blow dryer to apply it, when you get tired of the color you can remove it yourself by just peeling it off. Hope this helps.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #36

I want an orange one too. I just bought a Ruger 22 that was purple and black. But I could go for a Black and Orange one too.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #37
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
^^This^^

If she had too use it do you really want her attacker thinking it's a toy and forcing her to shoot? I could also see an idiot DA pursuing charges in this situation because the would be attacker was on the verge of turning his life around and MAY not have walked into a bullet IF he had not thought the gun was a toy.

Tack
I dont think that will be an issue as there are lots of cases where people have held off attackers with actual toy guns and unloaded guns.

The act of rape or robbery or murder or kidnapping is still a crime regardless of whether the goblin thinks your going to use a firearm on them or not. The onus in most states isnt on the victim to prove to the goblin the gun is real and loaded.

Personally im not concerned with guns of colors other than black or silver. I think its a great thing since it gets more people interested in carrying owning and shooting.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #38

Liked 1130 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

How about one of these , no paint necessary

http://diamondbackfirearms.com/product?id=28

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 04-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #39

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Might check the beretta nano..saw two today at my lgs that were in color..neither were orange..but you never know.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 04-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Nuther view of the Diamondback:

diamondback-db9-orange-small.jpg