shell retaining spring M91/30

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > shell retaining spring M91/30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default shell retaining spring M91/30

I want to make it easier to load shells in my mosin with stripper clips any way I can do this with out messing anything up?

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

can you explain better. what exactly are you having trouble with

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-14-2011, 04:01 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's the spring bar that also part of the shell ejector, it's the bar that keeps the shells in the mag. It had spring tension by a leaf spring held onto the reciever by a single screw right above the trigger mech.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 08-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #4

Liked 751 Times on 497 Posts
Likes Given: 832

I wouldnt remove it.. Looking at my Mosin, it seems to me if you remove the shell retaining spring that it would no longer hold or eject shells...
You just gotta be tough with the Mosin...

Old 08-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
I wouldnt remove it.. Looking at my Mosin, it seems to me if you remove the shell retaining spring that it would no longer hold or eject shells...
You just gotta be tough with the Mosin...
same opinion. tthe rifle wont work properly. the mosin isnt a delicate kimber you gotta baby to make it work right. get in there and manhandle it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...