Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   DIY Projects (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/)
-   -   secret wall gun storage compartments (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/secret-wall-gun-storage-compartments-83707/)

combateffective4 02-08-2013 05:32 AM

secret wall gun storage compartments

2 Attachment(s)
So i'm thinking of building a secret compartment on my wall... Anyone have any examples

Materials used?
Size?
Future build?

Semi tactical walls style

Attachment 84205

Attachment 84206

Vikingdad 02-08-2013 05:34 AM

I have heard that an electrical panel box makes a good disguise for handgun storage. The one you pictured looks nice too.

AR10 02-08-2013 06:12 AM

If you have a gun that is seldom needed, put it in an air tight package, oiled up, and plaster it into a wall. Right in the wall, unable to get to it without knowing where it is, and where to break the drywall. The James Bond mirror will just get someone hurt or worse.

Under locks, or so well hidden, god can't find it.

FullautoUSA 02-08-2013 12:59 PM

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:):):):):)

purehavoc 02-08-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combateffective4 (Post 1128983)
So i'm thinking of building a secret compartment on my wall... Anyone have any examples

Materials used?
Size?
Future build?

Semi tactical walls style

Attachment 84205

Attachment 84206

I have seen some stuff like this that has magnetic locks built in , I have been playing around with getting the home brewed mag locks to work properly .the problem is getting the spring rate proper to be able to work through the oak material . Been thinking of doing the exact same type of thing

GlockNJ 03-01-2013 01:02 AM

This also depends on how quickly you want to access the weapon. I saw an episode of "The Unit" where a Delta member removed the screws holding his bathroom cabinet in place, pulled out the cabinet and removed a bag hanging inside the wall with bug out stuff. A good idea if time is not a factor.

dwmiller 03-03-2013 02:04 AM

I second the fuse box idea. I have a large one mounted with old fuses I bought at a garage sale. Swing the inner panel with the fuses out and full size safe I built into the closet behind the panel. False wall in the closet side and no one is the wiser. Looks like an upgrade to my old house with the new panel beneath it....

agmoose 03-08-2013 03:17 PM

I like the mirror shown above, and have seen the pics of the entertainment center type furniture with the magnetic locks in it and secret drawers/compartments too.

I have a closet in the guest bedroom that is pretty deep, and I've been looking at putting a false wall in and having about a 4'x3' compartment that no one would ever guess is there to store some stuff in.

starving030 03-25-2013 12:22 AM

If you want a cool locking system then use a fail-secure lock. One that locks itself when there is no power supplied to it. Then connect it to a magnetic switch. Similar to those little blocks you see on a window in a house with a security system. So when you wave a magnet in front of the switch it engages it, witch powers the fail-secure lock and it opens whatever you locked up.

i made a computer that had no power button. I had to wave a magnet across an "unknown" spot on the computer case to power it up.lol It was a cool factor project with my stepson.

or use a fail-safe lock that unlocks when you loose power and have a magnetic disconnect switch to open it.

KG7IL 03-25-2013 04:17 AM

I have a secret storage area.... I still haven't been able to find it again.