Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > School Firearm Project APPROVED

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default School Firearm Project APPROVED

For my senior year project, I plan on doing small arms design. I contacted my instructor after my proposal was denied because it "violated a county policy." I searched for hours looking for our county's "zero tolerance policy" and came up with nothing more than policies on bringing weapons to school. My instructor talked to the school board and it turns out that no such policy exists and the steering committee on the project board will reconcider the proposal at the demand of the county office. Yeah!!! I proposed that I build a cutaway model of my dseign to present and an accompanying video. Now the project is approved and I'm looking for people to pledge to donate a few parts. A pps-43/ 42/ or 52 kit would be great. I like the 7.62x25 round and the kits are everywhere. A damaged kit or one w/o a barrel would work b/c I need 16" anyway. Any surplus rifle parts such as grips, fcgs, or other little leftover build parts would also be greatly appreciated. PM me if you'd like to make a donation.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #2

here's a drawing I made in drafting class:
Picasa Web Albums - Josh - Senior Project

and a photoshopped pic:
Picasa Web Albums - Josh - Senior Project

Old 05-14-2009, 12:40 AM   #3

I'll be looking out for you on the news when you get in some legal battle with the school, JK.
Kind of an old looking design though.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:19 PM   #4

That looks interesting, good luck on your project.
- Edit: How did the project turn out? (Sorry if I might have "bumped a dead thread", still new to this forum.)

Last edited by cerber33; 08-26-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: I just realized how old this thread is