Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > S&W Sigma 9ve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default S&W Sigma 9ve

A friend of mine has one and wants me to help him lighten the trigger pull. I've read and watched videos on it and everyone says you can remove the pigtail spring and the outer spring in the trigger housing (correct me on the terminology if I'm wrong). My question is, is this safe to do? Just unsure if removing both spring will effect anything else. I dont want to put a bomb in my friends, or my own, hands. Any suggestions are appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Bring it to a gunsmith.

I don't need No stinking signature.

danf_fl Likes This 
Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #3

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'm no exactly sure about any spring actually on the trigger as I have never tried that. You can replace the striker spring.Wolff makes springs for this that can bring the pull down another pound to pound and a half.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2665 Times on 1551 Posts
Likes Given: 1184

Agreed! ^^

Not knowing your level of experience (but reading that you watched videos on "How-To"), I will also suggest that you take it to a smith.

Some trigger work by inexperienced people could result in a non-operating handgun to unintended discharges resulting in death.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Mason609 Likes This 
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #5

Liked 283 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1243

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid57.html

If I did another one id get the spring kit.
I took out the piggy and found another spring for the outer, some polishing
Works great ive ran about 100 or so through it after the change.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid57.html

If I did another one id get the spring kit.
I took out the piggy and found another spring for the outer, some polishing
Works great ive ran about 100 or so through it after the change.
Thanks for the info and link. I think we are going to remove the pigtail spring and see how he likes it. If he wants to go a little further with it I'll shiw him the kit and go from there. Thanks again. I'll post results afterwards, should be about a week before we get the chance to do it.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 AM   #7

Liked 24 Times on 16 Posts

I did the changes you are talking about to my sigma. Along with a little polishing. The change isn't as noticable as stated. The polishing did get rid of the gritty feeling which helped the pull. I would go with the apex kit to be safe. I would get the kit and have it installed by a competent gun smith.

I would not take the responsibility of modifying someone else's gun.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #8

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr33FiftyS3v3n
A friend of mine has one and wants me to help him lighten the trigger pull. I've read and watched videos on it and everyone says you can remove the pigtail spring and the outer spring in the trigger housing (correct me on the terminology if I'm wrong). My question is, is this safe to do? Just unsure if removing both spring will effect anything else. I dont want to put a bomb in my friends, or my own, hands. Any suggestions are appreciated
Yup just take out those springs, I did on mine and it still has 5-6 # trigger.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #9

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just did the Apex kit today on my S&W 40. The video will get you through it. Couple of points to make though where the vid was lacking. The trigger pivot pin can be pushed out either way--it can only go back in one way. They made a BIG point that it had to come out left to right. Mine wouldn't push out that way. If you run the video another 30 seconds past that point you'll see that everything gets removed anyway so it didn't matter which way it came out.
Make sure you have 3 punches, 1/16, 3/64, 1/8. Video calls for 1/8 for rear pin but mine wouldn't push halfway through without getting stuck. Finished it with the 3/64. First time pins do NOT come out anywhere as easy as they show in video.
Overall this is an excellent mod--relatively cheap and really makes a noticeable diff in trigger pull. Ran 50 through it afterwards. Helps with both comfort and accuracy.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:08 AM   #10

I just removed the springs In my 40ve, just like the videos said to do. I have had zero problems with my gun, and the new lighter trigger was perfect. My suggestion would be take your time. I paused the video often to make sure I did it right. And make sure you hold on tight will removing the trigger assembly so that springs don't fly everywhere.

Sent from my HTC One using Firearms Talk mobile app