Reloading
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Reloading

I am trying to start reloading ammo, but I'm not sure what to get. Anyone know of any good kits that have what I need

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Look into the lee reloading equipment. Decent products for good price. Great to get started with.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #3

Tanks its getting expensive to spend a day at the range especially if your like me and try to spend 3 or 4 days a week at the range.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #4

Liked 2745 Times on 1233 Posts
Likes Given: 2645

If you are spending 3 or 4 days a week at the range you might want to do a little better than Lee. Now all you Lee people here don't get your panties in a wad. I'm not saying Lee is bad just not heavy duty like some other brands. If you are planning on loading 2 or 3 hundred rounds a year then Lee would be a great choice Certainly wouldn't be my choice for loading thousands of rounds. Also if you are going to be loading that much anything but a high quality progressive is going to get old fast. Every time someone announces they bought a cheap gun everybody is quick to point out that you get what you pay for. That applies to everything.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Can't beat rcbs. If you spend 3-4 days at the range start off with the rcbs set from cabelas and once you get good look for a progressive press. Stay away from hornady presses, my dad bought one when they first came out and they are very finacky, go with dillon presses. I'm starting to reload now by myself, I've been around it forever but once I really get all my p's and q's straigh I'm buying a dillion progressive press for .223 and hopefully get the changeable parts so I can do .308, .45 acp, and 9mm.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

Old 03-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #6

I you are sure that reloading is for you the get the RCBS "partner" or "rock chucker" kit.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Reloading will cut into your time at the range.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #8

Likes Given: 1

I started reloading just about 3 weeks ago..I've spent over $1100.00 so far and I been buying the cheapest of everything..Still a whole lot more stuff to buy yet. Aint a cheap proposition when everything is tallied....I do regret I bought a single stage LEE press when I really could have done myself more good if I had bought the LEE turret press with extra turrets so could rapidly switch between different calibers.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimKS
Reloading will cut into your time at the range.
At the moment my paycheck is cutting into my time at the range lol.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagagewright
I am trying to start reloading ammo, but I'm not sure what to get. Anyone know of any good kits that have what I need
Components and equipment are expensive, don't get into it thinking you will save money. Reloading adds another aspect to shooting, learning the science to develop accurate loads makes it rewarding