Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   DIY Projects (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/)
-   -   Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/reloading-60388/)

lagagewright 03-16-2012 08:00 PM

Reloading

I am trying to start reloading ammo, but I'm not sure what to get. Anyone know of any good kits that have what I need

mountainman13 03-16-2012 08:14 PM

Look into the lee reloading equipment. Decent products for good price. Great to get started with.

lagagewright 03-16-2012 08:28 PM

Tanks its getting expensive to spend a day at the range especially if your like me and try to spend 3 or 4 days a week at the range.

rjd3282 03-16-2012 09:23 PM

If you are spending 3 or 4 days a week at the range you might want to do a little better than Lee. Now all you Lee people here don't get your panties in a wad. I'm not saying Lee is bad just not heavy duty like some other brands. If you are planning on loading 2 or 3 hundred rounds a year then Lee would be a great choice Certainly wouldn't be my choice for loading thousands of rounds. Also if you are going to be loading that much anything but a high quality progressive is going to get old fast. Every time someone announces they bought a cheap gun everybody is quick to point out that you get what you pay for. That applies to everything.

Wi_Hunter556 03-16-2012 09:32 PM

Can't beat rcbs. If you spend 3-4 days at the range start off with the rcbs set from cabelas and once you get good look for a progressive press. Stay away from hornady presses, my dad bought one when they first came out and they are very finacky, go with dillon presses. I'm starting to reload now by myself, I've been around it forever but once I really get all my p's and q's straigh I'm buying a dillion progressive press for .223 and hopefully get the changeable parts so I can do .308, .45 acp, and 9mm.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

mausershooter 03-18-2012 08:02 AM

I you are sure that reloading is for you the get the RCBS "partner" or "rock chucker" kit.

TimKS 03-18-2012 12:18 PM

Reloading will cut into your time at the range. :D

Alphawolf45 03-18-2012 04:12 PM

I started reloading just about 3 weeks ago..I've spent over $1100.00 so far and I been buying the cheapest of everything..Still a whole lot more stuff to buy yet. Aint a cheap proposition when everything is tallied....I do regret I bought a single stage LEE press when I really could have done myself more good if I had bought the LEE turret press with extra turrets so could rapidly switch between different calibers.

lagagewright 03-18-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimKS
Reloading will cut into your time at the range. :D

At the moment my paycheck is cutting into my time at the range lol.

VAPA 03-18-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lagagewright
I am trying to start reloading ammo, but I'm not sure what to get. Anyone know of any good kits that have what I need

Components and equipment are expensive, don't get into it thinking you will save money. Reloading adds another aspect to shooting, learning the science to develop accurate loads makes it rewarding