pellet gun into airsoft - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > pellet gun into airsoft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The air soft guns are big with kids as long as they don't shoot each others eyes then the pellet guns we had as kids where about 600 fps in power now the adult pellet guns that Gammo and Benjamin sell are all over 1,000 fps which are good for squirrels and rats so shooting a dog would probably injure them so the soft air guns work good for chasing them off. They even make more powerful pellet guns that are over a $1,000.00. I use my for cheap target practice around the house since they are not very loud and then a rat makes a good target.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:07 AM   #12
H3X

I made my airsoft into a .22 although I tell asume Its not whag your looking for. If you want a good ine find It online.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #13

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00possum View Post
im not using it to scare stuff away im gonna use it for airsoft wars
Then no! Get an airsoft gun specifically for airsoft.

You wouldn't be allowed to play at the local field or CQB place with a home made airsoft gun. Way too dangerous.

The other issue is buy a quality airsoft rifle the first time. $125 "sniper" rifles arn't going to cut it.

Some of my AEGs were $150 and are really nice, while others I had were over $500.

Just like real guns you get what you pay for.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #14

Liked 185 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Since everyone has covered safety I figured I'll just tell ya something different, I use to play airsoft a lot (like every weekend for 4 years) I had a daisy shot .177 pellets or bb's. I figured why not try low velocity metal bb's, everyone hated it so I put it away (never played on a regulated field just back woods) so after my TM M14 broke in half I salvaged the barrel took off the plastic insert on the back of the barrel did a little work on it and after a that it fit in the receiver of the BB gun. The issue I had with it was no hope up, also with some of the airsoft bb's if you had to much pressure the BB's would just go hay wire and you couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. I would just stick with the official made guns just for the pure fact that they're designed for what they do, If anything one of your best bets would be to modify a daisy single pump those things have some crazy range for a bb gun, plus with single pump you don't have to worry about over pressure or anything like that.

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #15

For a decent airsof sniper rifle buy the utg l96, its heavy but accurate and powerful, then buy the metal internal parts kit for it. It should come with a new spring, metal spring guide, metal piston, and metal shims. Put all that in your rifle you will have a 600 fps consistent rifle that'll work no matter how dirty or banged up it is. I had mine for 2 years then sold it to a friend, its still going strong and is still putting out 500 fps.

Never Forget.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:27 AM   #16

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I build airsoft guns (soon I hope I'll become an expert in real firearms gunsmithing lol) and I don't think it's worth it to turn your pellet gun into an airsoft gun. For airsoft to work, we're talking about 100th of an inch part fitting/chambering to prevent air leaks, any air leak and your FPS will drop dramatically. Also the slightest inconsistency in your barrel will throw off the accuracy and any kind of obstruction will break the BB. Airsoft guns and especially AEGs (my expertise) are a LOT more complicated to operate on than real firearms (tons of parts in lieu of gun powder basically). $150 should be plenty to get a good bolt action sniper rifle. I don't know how you managed to get a POS for $150.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"