Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Parts list for M4gery build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Parts list for M4gery build

I want to start building the closest possible thing to a M4 in a civilian model. Now depending on what your definition of an M4 consists of varies from person to person. My definition of an M4 is a rifle with M4 style feed ramps, 16 inch-4150 vanadium military profile barrel, mil-spec buffer and buffer tube. etc basicAlly the closest thing to a military M4 i want everything mil-spec. Does anyone have a link or parts list for an M4 build, I can't seem to find one they all have what everyone else is building their AR-15 with , like spikes tactical lower with DPMS lower parts kit all the lists I found have stuff like that have what they plan on using. I need a parts kit that doesn't have specific brands I just need to know the part not the brands. Another question is does anyone know what kind of stripped lower to accommodate the M4 style feed ramps because I know they cut farther down into the lower receiver.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

If I remember correctly midway has AR building instructions available for download. If not you should be able to find something on YouTube and develope a parts list.
Unfortunately you've picked a hell of a time to attempt a build. Getting all the parts at a reasonable price will be nearly impossible.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
If I remember correctly midway has AR building instructions available for download. If not you should be able to find something on YouTube and develope a parts list.
Unfortunately you've picked a hell of a time to attempt a build. Getting all the parts at a reasonable price will be nearly impossible.
Ya I know parts are extremely hard to find for a decent price. I have an ar-15 already so I can take it slow and try and find the best deal

Old 03-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Ya I know parts are extremely hard to find for a good price. I have an AR-15 already so I'm planning on it being a slow build because I'm going to be patient and find the best price I can

Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #5

Liked 619 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The only true mil spec parts are made by Colt, they own the TDP(technical data package). FN uses the TDP under license, but I don't think they sell to the public. Colt LPKs are hard to find. I want to do the same build, I'm starting on a S&W M&P15 stripped lower. If you want to drop in a RDIAS make sure to get a low shelf lower.