Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   DIY Projects (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/)
-   -   Parts list for M4gery build (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/parts-list-m4gery-build-85210/)

assualtready070 02-26-2013 01:36 PM

Parts list for M4gery build

I want to start building the closest possible thing to a M4 in a civilian model. Now depending on what your definition of an M4 consists of varies from person to person. My definition of an M4 is a rifle with M4 style feed ramps, 16 inch-4150 vanadium military profile barrel, mil-spec buffer and buffer tube. etc basicAlly the closest thing to a military M4 i want everything mil-spec. Does anyone have a link or parts list for an M4 build, I can't seem to find one they all have what everyone else is building their AR-15 with , like spikes tactical lower with DPMS lower parts kit all the lists I found have stuff like that have what they plan on using. I need a parts kit that doesn't have specific brands I just need to know the part not the brands. Another question is does anyone know what kind of stripped lower to accommodate the M4 style feed ramps because I know they cut farther down into the lower receiver.

mountainman13 02-26-2013 01:52 PM

If I remember correctly midway has AR building instructions available for download. If not you should be able to find something on YouTube and develope a parts list.
Unfortunately you've picked a hell of a time to attempt a build. Getting all the parts at a reasonable price will be nearly impossible.

assualtready070 03-03-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
If I remember correctly midway has AR building instructions available for download. If not you should be able to find something on YouTube and develope a parts list.
Unfortunately you've picked a hell of a time to attempt a build. Getting all the parts at a reasonable price will be nearly impossible.

Ya I know parts are extremely hard to find for a decent price. I have an ar-15 already so I can take it slow and try and find the best deal

assualtready070 03-03-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13

Ya I know parts are extremely hard to find for a good price. I have an AR-15 already so I'm planning on it being a slow build because I'm going to be patient and find the best price I can

1911love 03-21-2013 12:45 AM

The only true mil spec parts are made by Colt, they own the TDP(technical data package). FN uses the TDP under license, but I don't think they sell to the public. Colt LPKs are hard to find. I want to do the same build, I'm starting on a S&W M&P15 stripped lower. If you want to drop in a RDIAS make sure to get a low shelf lower.