paper target stand - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects >

paper target stand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

I have a couple portables that I use alot but only use it for stationary shooting . I made these to take with us to a place that we practice shooting on the move and lemme tell you it doesnt matter if its a .45 acp or a .22lr when one of those hits the PVC the plastic explodes and then it makes one crappy target holder the rest of the day until its repaired . Thats one more reason to not glue your PVC stands together

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 11-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6752 Times on 3670 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmiller View Post
Nice idea! Ill get a few this weekend. The kids are coming over to shoot and novel targets help keep their attention. Wonder if I can rig them so pull a string and they pop up from behind another target! Kind of like a trap course for 22 rifle. Shooting at Barney and spongbob also has a strange attraction!

By the way two thumbs up on the water filled punkins! They were a big hit! The next ones will get filled with red jello and allowed to set up. Zombie punkin gore anyone?!?
For an added effect, putting a couple tablespoons full of powdered sugar or flower inside the balloon makes for a nice smokey effect when the balloon explodes and can be seen for hundreds of yards.
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 11-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #23

Liked 640 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post

For an added effect, putting a couple tablespoons full of powdered sugar or flower inside the balloon makes for a nice smokey effect when the balloon explodes and can be seen for hundreds of yards.
There is a place that sells those balloon bouquets on the way home. They add glitter inside the balloons. Found this out the hard way last year and had to get glitter out of the carpet. I'll stop and get them to helium fill me a dozen! Be like shooting Christmas bulbs off the tree with my first BB gun! The wupping was almost worth it for that lovely explosion! Thanks Anna, great idea. Ah memories....

Came up with a two paperclip gizmo to hold the balloon down till you pull on a string. Then it rises up to the limit of its string. Time to make some memories with the kids

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 11-06-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 11-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #24

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I built 5 of these . They stack and 2 screws hold them all together stacked up . I put the on their side stacked in the bed of my truck and can haul all 5 at once all 2x4 construction . Staple cardboard to the frames and staple targrts to the cardboard
paper target stand - DIY Projects
This is pretty much what ours look like.

I really like the feet Rick1967 made though. I believe I will have to try this

Old 11-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #25

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I use a wooden sawhorse made from 2x4s I have some metal swingers I hang from it. I tried the pvc thing and it fell apart and got shot to crap.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158 View Post
I use a wooden sawhorse made from 2x4s I have some metal swingers I hang from it. I tried the pvc thing and it fell apart and got shot to crap.
Yep, I don't expect them to last long. Im donating these to a friend to get him to start shooting at longer ranges, 50-100 yd. He pops cans in the back yard at 20 ft now, never at the same range twice. Complains that his gun wont hit anything. Funny thing is I drill one ragged hole when I shoot his rifle.

Trying to get him used to the idea of short range holdover and proper range on his 22's. By the time these fall apart he should be hooked and ready for somthing more permanant. Kinda my way of getting my buddy to build something better for himself.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Last edited by dwmiller; 11-06-2013 at 12:46 AM.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 11-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #27

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmiller View Post
Yep, I don't expect them to last long. Im donating these to a friend to get him to start shooting at longer ranges, 50-100 yd. He pops cans in the back yard at 20 ft now, trying to get him used to the idea of short range holdover and proper range on his 22's. By the time these fall apart he should be hooked and ready for somthing more permanant. Kinda my way of getting my buddy to build something better for himself.
MMWWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!
YOU'RE EVIL...I IIKE IT

Old 11-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post

MMWWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!
YOU'RE EVIL...I IIKE IT
Good Ash, Bad Ash. Doesn't matter, I'm the one with the gun!