painting
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > painting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Default painting

Hows it going guys? Im new to this so bare with me. What would be the best way to paint my shotgun camo? I only wanna paint the wood parts buy dont want it to rub or scratch off easily

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #2

Liked 69 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 39

In the days past you would have had to get spray paint, leaves, & sticks to do a stencil type camo job. Now some people can get it to turn out right but most can't. Here is the new way to do camo & get a very professional looking job every time, just watch the video.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Camo

I recommend Duracoat. you could get away with krylon but Duracoat will hold up a lot better. The key to durability with any of it will be your prep work. He's right though, youll want to make some sort of stencil. I have done several of the "pinestraw" jobs. The trick to getting it to look right is all in how you layer your colors. Grab a 2x4 or something cheap to practice on. If you want a different type of camo youll need to make the stencils with masking tape and a knife, or buy them online. I created all mine on the computer and have a stencil cutter cut them for me. Ill sell em if your interested.

MTAK

Montaktical MTAK Duracoat