ordering my parts for my 6.8 spc project

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > ordering my parts for my 6.8 spc project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ordering my parts for my 6.8 spc project

So I am almost done with the 6.8 SHTF rifle. Actually I've already ordered the last of the parts I needed on Jan 27th. I had the Lower already done and I ordered the DD 12 inch Lite rail and the PRI QC brake from Rainer Arms and they arrived 3 days later [U]from Washington[U]. Not only that but they called me up to tell me that i didn't need to order the DD barrel nut wrench because it's now included with the rail. I ordered my EoTech XPS from Amazon and also got it in 3 days.

Now the sticky part. Also ordered on the 27th was the LMT enhanced 6.8 bolt assembly from Botach and i also ordered the DD 14.5 barrel and a gripod from Top Notch Tactical. All of these Items were listed as instock... I got an email from botach saying it was on back order and thought all was well as I figured it wouldn't take very long otherwise they wouldn't list it for sale. then I get an email stating that it is going to take 4-6 weeks to get the item in. For the barrel and grip I had to call TNT to get a notification that things were on back order but that he gets regular shipments and it won't take long, ever giving the benefit of the doubt I said well if it is going to take a while please get the things i was going to order next ready to go (310 rounds of SSA 6.8 and 2 mags) all of which he verbally said were in stock (Feb 2). No return email has been received as to the adding of these items to my order.

Now my question, Is this Typical? am I overreacting in being upset about this? this is my first AR build and I have had excellent service up until these last few items (and they are pretty specific). Has any one else had experience with these companies good or bad? and finally, Am I getting ripped off?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 AM   #2

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by everoblivion2005
So I am almost done with the 6.8 SHTF rifle. Actually I've already ordered the last of the parts I needed on Jan 27th. I had the Lower already done and I ordered the DD 12 inch Lite rail and the PRI QC brake from Rainer Arms and they arrived 3 days later from Washington. Not only that but they called me up to tell me that i didn't need to order the DD barrel nut wrench because it's now included with the rail. I ordered my EoTech XPS from Amazon and also got it in 3 days.

Now the sticky part. Also ordered on the 27th was the LMT enhanced 6.8 bolt assembly from Botach and i also ordered the DD 14.5 barrel and a gripod from Top Notch Tactical. All of these Items were listed as instock... I got an email from botach saying it was on back order and thought all was well as I figured it wouldn't take very long otherwise they wouldn't list it for sale. then I get an email stating that it is going to take 4-6 weeks to get the item in. For the barrel and grip I had to call TNT to get a notification that things were on back order but that he gets regular shipments and it won't take long, ever giving the benefit of the doubt I said well if it is going to take a while please get the things i was going to order next ready to go (310 rounds of SSA 6.8 and 2 mags) all of which he verbally said were in stock (Feb 2). No return email has been received as to the adding of these items to my order.

Now my question, Is this Typical? am I overreacting in being upset about this? this is my first AR build and I have had excellent service up until these last few items (and they are pretty specific). Has any one else had experience with these companies good or bad? and finally, Am I getting ripped off?
Not getting ripped off, some companies just don't have the up to date technology to do what we want/or what we're used to or the customer service. I've had that happen on a different website where I placed my order and got an email stating it was out of stock but showed in stock online. So, I canceled my order. Business' like that don't get my money. It can become a weights and measures issue if they get some complaints. Email the company asking status of your parts/order and if you don't get a response, call the better business bureau (if they're a member-any reputable business should be for the most part, even online) this stuff happens, sometimes it takes a lot of work on your end to make things work (even though it shouldn't)

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 04-12-2012, 03:52 AM   #3

Please delete the first post here. TNT guns was nothing but great through this project and I don't want to make them sound bad.