My G34
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > My G34

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My G34

According to most glockers (especially on their forum), Moses brought a Glock down from the mountain and any thought of changing any part of it is blasphemous.
Glock advertises the G34 (9mm) and G35 (40cal) as "competition" pistols. They're not! What the G34 is, in my opinion, is a great platform on which to build a customized target pistol.
Here's my recently completed project: Specs available if your interested, just didn't want to bore you if no one cares.
I love the gun. It handles like a dream and is more accurate than I am.

cimg0482.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2010, 01:01 AM   #2

Give me the specs and tell me about all that stuff on there. I want to know more....

Old 08-19-2010, 01:09 AM   #3

Here ya go:
GLOCK 34, Gen. 3:
Extended Magazine release
Extended slide stop lever
Talon friction grips
Buffer Technologies magazine well
Mako charging handle (ambidextrous)
Mako tactical scope mount (modified)
Primary Arms MD-1 (Gen 1) red dot scope (cowitnesses with adjustable Glock sights)
Fulcrum complete trigger kit (2# trigger, adjustable pre- and overtravel)
KKM stainless steel 5.85 in. threaded barrel
Jager compensator (modified)
Hardened steel non-captured .244 Jager guide rod with Wolff spring set (10-15#, 12#- most used)

Old 08-19-2010, 01:23 AM   #4

Would you mind giving me a cost breakdown, Doesn't need to be exact, just around. I want one... Looks nice. How does the compensator work, does it suppress the noise at all or just keep the muzzle down?

Old 08-19-2010, 06:05 AM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Have fun with it. I love my G34.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #6

I could probably dig up the numbers, if you need specifics pm me. Total was about $600 plus the G34. Most of the items are inexpensive (relatively), even the red dot is under $100. The trigger assembly and barrel are the expensive items. One good source is Will at JAGER PRODUCTS INC He really knows his stuff. PM me for places to avoid (based on my experience during this project) and sources for some of the harder to find stuff.
It took me about 2 -3 months with research, shipping time, returns, experimenting, modifying (the recoil springs took the most time - trying to get the thing to work with light ammo).
I cant begin to tell you how much fun it was and how gratifying. And it still came in a couple of thousand less than a S&W Performance Center, or a Dan Wesson custom, etc.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #7

The compensator does not affect noise. It does noticeably reduce muzzle flip. If you use light ammo, find the right recoil spring, and use a good compensator (Jager), your second shot will go where the first one went, and right behind it, too.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maierar View Post
The compensator does not affect noise.
No, it makes the gun louder.

I have had one on a Glock 9mm before. It makes it a little louder. I have had a comped 1911 45 before, it it was SIGNIFICANTLY louder - enough that I would not have wanted to use it for self defense. At my indoor range, it was usually the loudest gun there.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #9

I never noticed that (an increase in volume) with the G34 or my compensated 1911. I guess my hearing protection is working better than I thought.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #10

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I always refer to compensators as "loudeners".

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."