My first AR EVER! Work in progress... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > My first AR EVER! Work in progress...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Bought stock and this is how it turned out after a couple of parts ordered

image-3575315247.jpg   image-1923706627.jpg   image-1936738642.jpg  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Looks good bud. Clean and simple. Love a good bipod. What are those scope mounts? Would have gone the free floated barrel way for a.longer range scoped rifle. 1moa something like that. How she shoot?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds, because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rangers Lead The Way!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #23

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Like a dream love this gun but wish I could buy a 10 round magazine so I'm less tempted to sling lead down range. And ya your right but wasn't in the budget to get the free floated but mad a great group rate at 200yrds

Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

HOLD THE PHONE! I think I have a serious problem..I just cant stop doing **** to this gun!! haha.
Just ordered my ST-T2 buffer, JP Tuned and Polished Extra Power buffer spring and DPMS Miculek Compensator.

YIKES...needless to say, the wife is not happy. Its like cocaine to me. Everytime I do something, Im stoked for a short while, then I just cant wait to do more. Sorta like gettin INK. For all you bro's with tats, you get it. haha. Cheers. I update photos and range report when finished.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds, because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rangers Lead The Way!

Old 03-22-2013, 01:05 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ill post the real range report this weekend but basically I'm got the t2 buffer and jp xp spring and found I could only run one or the other with low powered ammo. So original buffer and the jp spring are what I'm running. After 500 rds the rifle ate anything I put thru it and ran without a single malfunction. The timing is spot on and it's pretty much recoiless with the miculek comp on there. This rifle is smooth trigger is fast and couldn't be happier!!

-George Orwell

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rangers Lead The Way!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #26

Liked 58 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaidsONLY View Post
Well...you know what they say...an artist is never finished. Haha, but I gotta wrap this one up. My first son was born over the weekend and now freetime will pretty much be next to none for a while, so thats that. Im pretty happy with the turnout of this rifle. I started with an awesome basic platform from Head Down. Both billet upper and lower, SOCOM profile 16" chrome lined 1/7 twist free floating barrel. Nickel boron plated BCG. Giessele trigger. and from there I would say this rifle has come a long ways, especially asthetically. Thanks for following along fellas. Any questions, especially about the coating or prep process using Brownell's Alumahyde II, feel free to throw out. And for all you critics... This stuff is badass, dont knock it until you try it. Couldn't be happier with it's durability or simplicity. And for 12 bucks...cant beat it. Please fellas share your thoughts. Its been fun. Cant wait for the next one!
I will throw up the complete parts list after tonight. Happy shooting boys!
Very nice...