My AR-15 Projects... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > My AR-15 Projects...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have never dealt with an AR 15 so I am not sure how different they are from the m16 or m4, but my piece of advice is, accessories are expensive, 550 cord is not. Don't be shy about tying down your scope, CCO, or other accessories so that if a screw comes loose you are not donating a several hundred dollar piece of equipment to mother nature.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."

Old 03-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have these really small wire loops that screw together - I have no clue what they're called, I was sent a bunch with my Defcon badge a couple of years ago. They work great as dummy cords and are quiet, non reflective and won't come loose. The screw connector is faster to deal with than a knot but I plan to buy LaRue mounts with quick releases to switch between my scope and the red dot. (I'm trying to work out a mounting method so I can leave the scope on full time and have the red dot above it, I think I've figured out a way to adapt an existing Larue mount used for the mini red dot setup).

I haven't taken her to the range yet, hope to go tonight or tomorrow. I've been shopping around for some land and may have something this coming weekend to go camp and hunt on (or just spend all weekend shooting and doing some recon and planning for the cabin and water supply). I may write all that up and post it if we're still here and online then.

I'll try and do the official "mall ninja" photo later with the standard rifle + pistol + knife and tactical nylon gear.

‘‘War clouds were gathering rapidly. The sending of more than 3,000 British army regulars under Maj. Gen. Thomas Gage to Boston further exacerbated the imperial rift. When a column of these troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.’’ - The American Revolution Begins