My 1911 Project. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects >

My 1911 Project.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getem2011 View Post
+1 to that. A mag well looks like it should be there, then it may fit. All in all I am impressed with the work and idea that went into these.Nice job!
Yeah, when the mag is inserted it fits like the stock grips. I should have taken the pics with it in I guess. Next time I will insert the mag for better reference.
ibewiggin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 38
Default

Those are nice grips and I would probably buy them for 60 or so with a nice finish but if u use redwood then 80 and who makes the 1911? Jw
accessdenied01 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessdenied01
Those are nice grips and I would probably buy them for 60 or so with a nice finish but if u use redwood then 80 and who makes the 1911? Jw
Who makes the 1911???, who dosent make the 1911 these days. They al copy the orig tho the colt
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibewiggin
Alright, so I have to ask. I have shown a few of my pieces here. These grips and some stock carvings as well. I responded to an add on CL and he first insulted my carvings and then told me I was asking way too much. So what do you guys think is a good price for a nice custom 3d carved set of grips?
Do you shoot your 1911 or is it a gun safe queen??? To me i think the carved grips would just make your hands sore as heck from shooting it. Letvme know if im wrong
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

The grips do not bother my hand at all. The first set I made did, so I moved the fillagree, and now it is very comfortable. Some one with a different sized hand would probably not enjoy the feel. It is a pretty agressive seeing too, just to show the 3d concept. Something less portrusive would work for the average person better. A few more people tell me what is a decent price and I will tell you what I told the guy. keep in mind that it was a complete custom order.
ibewiggin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibewiggin
The grips do not bother my hand at all. The first set I made did, so I moved the fillagree, and now it is very comfortable. Some one with a different sized hand would probably not enjoy the feel. It is a pretty agressive seeing too, just to show the 3d concept. Something less portrusive would work for the average person better. A few more people tell me what is a decent price and I will tell you what I told the guy. keep in mind that it was a complete custom order.
I have seen custom grips go up an over 600$ i had a custom stock an forearm built for a model 94 , an that was $1,600 it dosent take long with wood choice to get the price up
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Who makes the 1911???, who dosent make the 1911 these days. They al copy the orig tho the colt
I ment who made his srry for not explaining more
accessdenied01 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Mine is a Llama. It is based off of the 1911 platform but all the parts are metric. Nice little shooter, accurate.
ibewiggin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a project 1911 Alpha1Victor 1911 Forum 5 12-05-2011 09:41 PM
Looking to start a project 1911 Ghost214713 Semi-Auto Handguns 12 09-24-2011 04:14 AM
1911 project underway :D unknownhero82 1911 Forum 39 09-27-2010 04:16 AM
The Sistema 1911 Ceramacoat Project CA357 Engraving & Refinishing 37 07-26-2010 06:38 PM
New 1911 Project CA357 Gunsmithing Forum 10 02-03-2009 03:28 PM



Newest Threads