mosin trigger mod
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > mosin trigger mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default mosin trigger mod

I looked up some trigger mods on YouTube and found one that was very helpful

It stated to put a washer under the trigger spring and put a coil like spring on the pin and so it eliminates slack in the trigger

Haven't got to fire it yet and already modded it
The trigger feels better than the original
Creep doesnt bug me but slack does so this mod was perfect!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2011, 04:57 AM   #2

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Man I just got lucky as hell with my mosin. The only thing I've done to it is refinish the stock. The trigger on mine is great, no creep, no grit, a bit of over travel but not enough to bug me. Its amazing that it shots as well as it does considering the condition of the bore when I got it.

Hey, lets get a link of that video!

Old 12-31-2011, 05:09 AM   #3

I knew you'd ask so here it is

Old 01-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #4

Another good mod would be to bed the receiver. This can be done cheaply by disassembling the gun from the stock and coating the receiver in grease and mixing JB Weld and filling the stock. Re assemble the gun, let set, disassemble clean receiver and your done. It peels out at any time if your not satisfied. It's just rubber. Also adding cork under the front of the barrel adds up war pressure that stabilizes the bullets flight. Again an easy fix if you feel it's a **** suggestion. I added a 4 power scope to my iron sights with an easy install mount that allowed me to utilize a long eye relief pistol scope and shoot longer distances more efficiently and accurately.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:43 AM   #5

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I might try that bedding technique.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2962 Times on 1708 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

IMO, you should not eliminate all slack.

Some, but not all. (You don't want the thing to fire when you close the bolt.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-31-2012, 04:18 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

The trigger mod is easy and really does help. It's pretty amazing, considering....

Old 02-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #8

Liked 57 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Most, if not all of the quick easy trigger mods are unsafe. If you do any of these, cock the gun and then pry up on the bolt between the tang and the bolt body. There is usually enough slop in the bolt to allow it to fire without touching the trigger. The safest mod is to polish all the mating surfaces in the trigger group and the bolt where it meets the sear. I had a hard time justifing it but I spent $100 on a Timney trigger. That gave me an excelent, consistant trigger, a thumb safety, and reduced my groups from 5-6 inches to 2-3 inches. That for me is a phenominal improvement. I shot my mosins so much that my guns with realistic triggers started to feel like they were too light. If the Mosin is all you shoot, just practice and get used to it.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #9

Liked 1557 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

The alternative I have selected to deal with the Mosin trigger and accuracy is keep buying them till you fine the perfect one. I am over 35 of them now, and have some dang good shooters, but I will keep buying until I find perfection.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:41 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

A better much more simple mod is this trigger return spring. Works fantastic. Got it on my sniper mosin.

Http://buymilsurp.com/mosin-nagant-trigger-return-spring-upgrade-free-shipping-p-40704.html

A varient of this idea is found on some finnish mosins. Which is where the buymilsurp came up with the idea i believe

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-15-2012 at 03:44 AM.