Mjolnir is Now Complete!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Mjolnir is Now Complete!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Definitely. Lone Wolf has guaranteed my stock will be finished before the end of the year, so I will have pictures of that soon.

Getting a new material that hasn't been readily available to the general public yet, so I am excited/nervous about that.

It's going to be one of their Tactical Master stocks, but the composition is a new Russian material called Basalt with a fiberglass & carbon fiber cloth inlay for the bedding.

The pictures are too big for direct upload from work, but I will resize and upload a sample picture sometime over the weekend. In any event, this is supposed to be the strongest stock Lone Wolf has built/tested - without too much added weight, so I am most curious.

Once it comes back, time for bluing, then optics, a custom made muzzle break and out the door to the range.

Looking forward to it.

JD

Old 11-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Looking forward to pics and ultimately a range report.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

jd, if u dont mind me askin what did it cost to make ur bolt and action, and did u build it yourself or put in an order

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
jd, if u dont mind me askin what did it cost to make ur bolt and action, and did u build it yourself or put in an order
Send me a PM if you are interested in the costs. I don't want to talk about it in the open.

I have done "some" of the work. Like the trigger... LOL

The action came blue printed out, which means it was already trued up and didn't need anything other than a good barrel. The Barrel's a Krieger, so I am good there. My MasterSmith did all the really accurate stuff ( like cutting the chamber for my specific cartridge, etc. )

Lone Wolf Rifle stocks will be doing that portion, which includes the bedding.

I have assisted on the design for the muzzle break, but it will mostly be Brett cutting it and making it fit nice, flush and perfect. I will do the obligatory finish blasting prior to bluing, which will be handled by Brett because he is VERY strict about bluing the right way.

All in all, besides the cash, I will have helped with about 10% of the rifle... LOL

Old 12-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #15

So, here is the stock that Lone Wolf will be shipping out here, hopefully, this week. The paint scheme, action and glass aren't mine - but the stock is the exact duplicate of what I will be getting to go with the action pictures above.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #16

Lone Wolf called on Monday and were looking for authorization for the final shipping costs on my rifle, which means it should be back in the shop, hopefuly, by the end of the week or by the first of next week. I will get some pictures when it comes in.

The next step is to blue the action and spray/texture the barrel and then to pick a new scope for it.

Heavily leaning towards the Leupold VX-III without the fancy tactical knobs of the Mark IV. I also don't get the fancy Mark IV pricing and can save about $300 in the process, which can go towards my new project that is still in the naming process.

I am thinking about going with a local company TPS for my rings. They are making some big waves in the shooting market and reviews have been very positive.

It would be easy to say Badger Ord and be done with it, but they are falling in love with their name lately and spending $160-$180 for rings when I can get a set that is just as good for half the money just makes sense to me.

So, more to follow....

Old 01-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

The TPS look like a good copy of the Badger Ord parts.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
The TPS look like a good copy of the Badger Ord parts.
They are a hell of a nice set really and they are precision made, just like the B.O. - I am a big fan of the Badger Ord stuff, but they have been raising their prices for a couple of years now and I feel this choice is just as good, at half the price.

And let's face it, money isn't exactly growing on trees right now. I don't want to cut corners on this rifle, but with this choice, I think I am just saving money and still getting a hell of a piece of kit.

JD

Old 01-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Sounds good to me.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #20

Default Update

Rifle got back from Lone Wolf today. I haven't seen it yet, but reports are that it is quite impressive.

I will be getting multiple pictures tomorrow and should have them up tomorrow night.

JD