Made a holster for my wife. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects >

Made a holster for my wife.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 39 Posts

Psh I KNOW if you made more I'd buy one

Old 03-20-2013, 03:53 AM   #12

Liked 2181 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALfiremedic1 View Post
Question. I looks like you made a paddle. How did you do that part? I've made several myself, but I've never tied a paddle
Yes I did make the paddle. I used two prices of leather glued together for stiffness. I added a 1/2 inch wide strip to it where it would get caught on the inside of her pants. So that area is 3 peices thick. It is very stiff. I used a piece of rubber fuel line to space it away from the holser. I actually laid the fuel line on its side and stitched right thtough the rubber.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #13
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8921 Times on 5337 Posts
Likes Given: 11925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Thanks Sniper. She carries concealed anyway. She had a lime green coat and bought a purse to match. She is really into stuff like that. All of my personal holsters are tan, brown or black. She really likes it though. I think it is a chick thing. LOL. I am wondering what Winds of Change is going to think.
I am so sorry I just saw this now. I LOVE that holster. I, too, like colorful accessories. You did a great job and I think it's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
In her purse is a no-no in my opinion because if the BG snatches her purse, now he has her purse and her gun.
I agree here. Even in a special concealed carry purse. I believe a gun should be carried on your body somewhere.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #14

Liked 2181 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

Thanks Winds. And I agree about on the body carry. But I have been happily married for 17 years. Some battles simply cant be won.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #15

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

I have one I'm working on right now too. Ill be sure to share them when I'm done

Old 03-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #16

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Very nice workmanship. And with those colors, she won't need a night light.

I'm also concerned about that purse carry. Even if the strap can't be cut, the purse could be ripped away from her by a strong assailant, with the cable quite possibly causing her injury.

A firearms instructor asked a woman friend of mine, "Will you have your purse in your hand or on your shoulder all the time?" I don't know about your wife, but most every woman I know will set her purse down every once in a while to do something that requires both hands. That steel cable wouldn't be much help in that case.

I'm a firm believer that if you're going to carry concealed, the gun had better be on your person every minute. But I was married three times, so I know better than to think you'll have the final say on this...