Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   DIY Projects (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/)
-   -   Made a holster for my wife. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/made-holster-my-wife-83102/)

Rick1967 02-01-2013 10:39 PM

Made a holster for my wife.

1 Attachment(s)
Tina had been carrying in her purse. But she keeps changing her purse. The latest one was too small. So I decided to make her a holster. I wanted to make it diferent from what is in the stores. What do you think. She is into bright colors and such as you can see from the grip. She will not wear a belt. So I made a paddle for it.

Sniper03 02-01-2013 11:27 PM

Rick!

WOW! That outfit will get your attention!:D But a "Sharp Looking" little holster! Looks great!

Rick1967 02-02-2013 02:20 AM

Thanks Sniper. She carries concealed anyway. She had a lime green coat and bought a purse to match. She is really into stuff like that. All of my personal holsters are tan, brown or black. She really likes it though. I think it is a chick thing. LOL. I am wondering what Winds of Change is going to think.

CA357 02-02-2013 02:30 AM

That's great and a "fashion accessory" to boot. :D

hiwall 02-02-2013 11:43 AM

You did a nice job! I am impressed. It looks quite professional. A lucky woman getting a hand-crafted personalized custom holster.

Rick1967 02-02-2013 12:48 PM

Thanks Hiwall.

I made it from a bag of scraps that I got at Hobby Lobby for $6.99.

Zombiegirl 02-02-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967
Tina had been carrying in her purse. But she keeps changing her purse. The latest one was too small. So I decided to make her a holster. I wanted to make it diferent from what is in the stores. What do you think. She is into bright colors and such as you can see from the grip. She will not wear a belt. So I made a paddle for it.

In her purse is a no-no in my opinion because if the BG snatches her purse, now he has her purse and her gun.

Rick1967 02-03-2013 02:20 AM

I dont like her carying in her purse either. But at least she had a real concealed cary purse. It has a holster built in. And the strap has a steel cable in it so that it can not be cut. But I prefer her to carry on her body.

ALfiremedic1 02-11-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967

Question. I looks like you made a paddle. How did you do that part? I've made several myself, but I've never tied a paddle

fupuk 02-12-2013 11:05 PM

Very nice idea. My wife would love that thing, she is into bright colors as well.