M&P9c major grip Recounter and stipple

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > M&P9c major grip Recounter and stipple

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 01:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Default M&P9c major grip Recounter and stipple

So I started a journey the other day to turn my M&P9c from a carry gun I tolerate to a carry gun I love.

You see I love the features and accuracy of the model,and it's just the right size,and with 12+1 factory mags I don't feel outgunned when I carry it. But I came to terms with the fact that I truly disliked the grip,like really... A glock 26 felt better in my hand (Gasp! Blasphemy!). I simply couldn't let this stand,so I took matters into my own hands to correct this issue.

I did not think I would take it as far as I did but I'm very happy with the results and It really looks like a different gun altogether

Before

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1395879145.556736.jpg

After

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1395879195.737702.jpg

Quite the difference huh?

I started out by cutting the reverse angle off the butt-tool thingy that you take out to remove the back straps,the contoured and sanded it to curve back up into the start of the frame,I also took some sandpaper and undercut the trigger guard slightly. After that I did some major re-shaping (using my benchmade 530) of the largest backstrap they had,to give the grip more of a palm filling swell in the back,and then cut in room for the web of my hand to get in there real nice. After that I took a pachmayr grip sleeve that I had laying around and cut out the finger groove,then I epoxied it onto the front strap in my desired location and shaped it the way I wanted it,sanded all modified parts down to where they looked like they came from the factory that way,then decided It was too smooth and proceeded to stipple the back and front straps.

Much better now!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2014, 01:37 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Job well done. Interesting idea with the grip sleeve.

Always have clean socks.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:56 AM   #3

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Job well done. Interesting idea with the grip sleeve.

Thanks I'm happy with it,considering I did it on a frustrated whim,and it was my first DIY job of this sort on a gun I figured it could have turned out a lot worse.

I originally just put the sleeve on it and was gonna call it good,but didn't like the way the pachmayr rubber grabbed my shirt when concealed,but loved the feel of the finger groove,so I split the difference and cut out just what I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk