Leather Knife Sheath Help - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects >

Leather Knife Sheath Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 02:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Don,

Linda and I have as much Leather as you need all you need to do is send us a PM and tell us how much you want and we will get it out to you. Ask and you shall receive.

Scubie

Old 10-25-2010, 03:50 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Thanks and bless you both. PM inbound.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-25-2010, 03:54 AM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Draw a pattern of what you want on a brown paper bag. Leave a half-inch extra on every dimension, you'll be glad you did. Don't forget some for the welt. To sew on belt loops, etc, I like to glue the piece in place with Barge Cement, mark with a stitching wheel, drill holes with a 1/16" bit in a Dremel, then saddle stitch. Also the way I sew the back seam, after gluing in the welt.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:58 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Free, some of that made sense. I'm a leather noob.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #15

Default Bump

I hope you are going to do follow ups with this "project"; It will be a learning experience;

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I hadn't thought of it, but it's a good idea. I will post pictures and details even if it's embarrassing.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #17

Check out KnifeKits.com Designer Knife Kits - Knife Making Supplies - Sheath and Holster Making Supplies. They have supplies and hardware for making leather sheaths, kydex sheaths, knife building supplies, about anything knife making related.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:49 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks for the link.

This is more or less what I have in mind:

Leather Knife Sheath Help - DIY Projects

Leather Knife Sheath Help - DIY Projects

It won't be tooled and the edge will be laced. I figure to fold over a flap in back and stitch and glue it in place. for the belt loop. That way, the handle will ride at belt height.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:35 AM   #19

I really dig that knife! Did you make it? I'm working on reshaping an OLD meat cleaver blade a bit, polishing it out, and putting a neat handle(s) on it right now. In the process of moving and am working on getting this different shop set up and my tools and machines put in it to suit me. Cool knife thanks for sharing it.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

No, I bought it from Randy Porter, a member here. He does great work and his prices are incredible. He's also a Vendor here.

Here's a link to his Facebook page that shows some of his knives.

Login | Facebook