Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Knife Sheath Making for Dummies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 05:06 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That makes sense, but I think I'm committed at this point. The sheath is trimmed to size and the holes are in. I'll take a good look at it tomorrow and see if I can make your idea work. If I can fit the leather in there, I can just glue it in place and drill through the existing holes.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #22

Default learning

CA357: Sir, good work, good words, good learning, great sharing

freefall: Sir, your additions add to the adventure.

Gentlemen, continue on, please

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 12-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Looking good Don

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 12-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks Glass. I stitched the belt loop last night. I had to enlarge the holes to get the needle through. I guess I'll have to enlarge the holes for the lacing as well.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #25

Liked 41 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Looks great CA. Be patient and take your time. We'll wait. This is about the time I would want to see it done and hurry throuoh at the expense of being meticulous.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill

Old 12-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #26

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

CA thats looking good. Hard work though.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:56 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well, I'm obviously a noob at this stuff. I soaked the lacing and laced it up last night. What a pain! At any rate, I made what I'm sure is a rookie mistake. I cut the lace too short and ran out with about two inches to go.

I tried to add another piece and the result is unsatisfactory. I don't know if I have enough of the lacing left to do it over or if I'll need to buy some more. At any rate, the lacing has to come out and be redone. It's been too much effort to cut corners now.

On the positive side, I got to practice whip stitching/lacing and the next attempt should look better.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:01 AM   #28

Default Still following

CA357: Sir, I'm inspired. Yesterday, I went to "Tandy" Leather, only a dozen or so blocks away. My intentions? Finding something to experiment or lolol muck up.
They close, dagnabit, 3:30 on Sat. I'll have to go at another time. I'm enjoying following along.
more pictures when you can

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 12-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Will do Neo. Thanks.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:02 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It's done. Final narrative and pics in post #7.