Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Ideas for Displaying my Military rifles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I think it would be cool to display the rifles with their nation's flags behind them. Picture your Arisakas with this behind them.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 16 Posts

Check out ridgeback racks.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #13

Liked 52 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Hanging guns on the wall is like saying, "Take my guns, I don't care enough about them to not advertise what I have to the criminal element. I had 2 30.06s stolen out of a rack on my living room wall. They were chained and bolted to a steel plate on the other side of a brick wall lagged into the bricks, while I went for a case of beer. I was gone 15 minutes. I came back to a hole in the wall. If they know they are there and they want them, they'll get them...

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:02 AM   #14

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If a person wants what is yours bad enough, they will find a way of stealing it. Safes, locks and security measures keep honest folks honest and act as an inconvenience to thieves.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #15

Liked 715 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 761

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
Hanging guns on the wall is like saying, "Take my guns, I don't care enough about them to not advertise what I have to the criminal element. I had 2 30.06s stolen out of a rack on my living room wall. They were chained and bolted to a steel plate on the other side of a brick wall lagged into the bricks, while I went for a case of beer. I was gone 15 minutes. I came back to a hole in the wall. If they know they are there and they want them, they'll get them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xring3 View Post
If a person wants what is yours bad enough, they will find a way of stealing it. Safes, locks and security measures keep honest folks honest and act as an inconvenience to thieves.
I was gonna hang them in my gun room, not out in the open like my living room....
What should I do if I cant afford a safe? Those locking metal cabinets arent secure at all... (Broke into a friends when he lost his keys, it took me about 5 mins with no tools.)

As, Xring said if somebody wants them there gonna take them....
If bolting my guns to the wall doesnt stop them, whats gonna keep my safe bolted to the wall, and not let anybody carry out the entire safe?

A couple of months ago, one of my friends came home to his safe peeled open like a sardine can, and it was one of those $2,000 fireproof heavy duty safes.. It looks like somebody used one of those concrete saws and it didnt slow them down one bit....

Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #16

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Just my point....LGS is like a vault....couple of guys managed to break in and steal $20,000 worth of guns....they did get nabbed but, not after altering serial #......BTW.......they had felony backgrounds......didn't need a background check.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Old 02-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Nice...haha. I think it sounds like a hell of an idea. I want to do something similar with some Pump action .22LR's that my wife inherited from her great grandfather. Ive been rolling the idea around for a while now. I really like this idea. The clamps with leather padding would be perfect. Just be sure to lag bolt them at least 2" into the studs on the wall. And Be sure to pre-drill a pilot hole into the studs before sinking the lag bolt...it's adds to the strength, versus driving a lag in without a pilot hole, splitting and displacing enough material to weak the timber. Food for thought, from a former carpenter. haha. good luck, post pics of whatever you decide to do for all of us.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds, because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rangers Lead The Way!