Hillbilly "Lead Sled" - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects >

Hillbilly "Lead Sled"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hey, form follows function! I give it an A+ ! Sometimes making things yourself is just more fun. I have a brass tumbler that I scabbed together out of an old ice cream maker, some casters and a plastic sun tea jar. It's polished my brass for over 25 years just as good as a store-bought model.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #12

Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

very nice and Im guessing pretty cheap to build . I would have probably built it just a little different to my liking after looking at and studying your rig . I would have moved your adjustment pin to the back as it would give you a few more inches of adjustment and you could eliminate some of the depth adjustment rail . and I would have turned the jack to where the acme rod and connect are below the gun so you could easily reach under and turn it up or down while still looking thru the scope .
But hey awesome job!!! and far more superior than some of the junk out there for hundred of $$$
I love to home brew my own stuff also , I built a linear bow press / draw board combo posted a couple pics up online and got a email from ez presses lawyer telling me I have used their design which with the drawboard they have nothing like mine , their press fingers need changed for certain bows mine do not , I can press any bow or X bow no matter how big the cam is with my setup without any changes. My acme screw drive was bigger and heavier but requires less turns to go from 22"- 46" but if I proceeded to build and sell any they would see me in court for patent infringement .

Hillbilly "Lead Sled" - DIY Projects

Last edited by purehavoc; 11-23-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #13

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
It's done, well almost. I need to put sand in the bag and sew it up. Add some bolts to the bottom of the frame to hold the weights in place. I also want to put a knob on the screw of the jack.

That thing needs a cup holder and some duct tape to be truly Hillbilly! But hot damn, kudos to you as that is pretty darn cool. Congrats

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 11-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #14

Liked 2155 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

Very cool idea. I like it.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.