Have my sights and scope it too?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Have my sights and scope it too?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 05:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Have my sights and scope it too?

I'm getting the Henry 22 Frontier, it has standard rails on the receiver, and an octagon barrel and I'm putting a Weaver g4 (tube scope from the 40s) on it to get that classic scoped, lever action look and feel to it. The problem is I want to be able to use the scope when I want and use the sights when I want. Whats the solution to this? Will a side mount help me do this? Is there a way to take off the scope and reattach without having to level the scope everytime?

NRA ~ first year member
American Legion ~ 5 continuous yrs
Marines ~ Dues Paid Up For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
You must be smokin that liberal sissy ass weed brother.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #2

I ran across something called a weaver pivot mount. I've seen no demo on how this works, maybe this is what I'm looking for? If you've got some stills and are willing to share them I'd appreciate it.
~Jonathan

NRA ~ first year member

Quote:

Old 03-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #3

Well, I've not had a lot of luck in researching this information so I just sort of spit balled it (I have a feeling this may end up biting me in the ass). . . I figured I needed the detachable scope rings and a mount that I've found is used in conjunction with detachable scope rings, I just don't know if these models are compatible. I guess we'll find out. They're both from weaver and they're both from the same collection.
WEAVER TOP MOUNT BASE #87A H&R MODEL 700
and
WEAVER 3/4" PIVOT MOUNT SCOPE RINGS- its worth mentioning that the box these rings are in say "detachable mount" Uggggh.

If this doesn't work I'm just going to dump my rifle in a gunsmiths hands and cut my losses.

NRA ~ first year member

Quote: