Gun Room Floor - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Gun Room Floor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 16 Posts

As a former computer tech there are vinyl floors that are non conductive. I have metal conduit in my gun room that is well grounded and I just have to touch it to discharge before handling any of my reloading stuff. Light colored as well to find parts that fly.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #12

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I would go with a high quality bamboo floor over a laminate floor. All it takes is for you to drop your bolt or slide and the laminate is dinged and then it will just melt and fall apart.

What ever you get get one of these Steam Mop and sweeper in one. I got one for my hardwood and it does a great job.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the replies! I went to Lowes yesterday and took a look at the rubber tiles they have and really like them I would probebly get it in beige so that pesky springs are easy to locate... You think rubber would be a problem? I figured its the best option and I am definitely pickin up one of those steam mop and vacuums thanks for that tip!

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother F***** in the valley!....oorah

Old 09-22-2012, 05:30 AM   #14

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anch368
Hey all couldn't find another area to put this so here it is. I purchased a house that has an extra bedroom 10 x 10 that the wife has approved a gun room So I have the entire room layout pretty much set to include a huge bench that will have a gun cleaning section, reloading, and assembling areas. I am building a venting table and hood for tumbling to keep lead dust out of the room completely. However, the floor is currently carpeted, not ideal for this type of room. I have no idea what to put down though. I looked at the rubber tiles which would have been nice in case of dropping things and it doesn't absorb lead or anything, however cleaning it would be taxing, having to mop it every time I want to clean it. So what I am looking for is if you had a gun room what would you put down for the floor. Something that will naturally repel dusts and be easy to clean. Not to mention I want it to look cool and go pretty well with what the room is gonna be used for. This room is on the second floor so things like concrete are out of the question. Let me know and if you have pics post away. Thanks guys!
I have a gun room and love it, id rather have that over a man cave... but it prrtty much is my man cave. I have a table for cleaning and small mods, i have a mork bench for big stuff and reloading and a computer desk and i transformed the closet into a small armory. I have a safe inside but have all my mags, drums, and some accessories in the top shelf. Ammo on top of the safe and all my gear hanging up. Ill post pics tomorrow. Were some of a cery few that get that luxary

Old 09-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1096 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Epoxy coat the concrete.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I have a gun room and love it, id rather have that over a man cave... but it prrtty much is my man cave. I have a table for cleaning and small mods, i have a mork bench for big stuff and reloading and a computer desk and i transformed the closet into a small armory. I have a safe inside but have all my mags, drums, and some accessories in the top shelf. Ammo on top of the safe and all my gear hanging up. Ill post pics tomorrow. Were some of a cery few that get that luxary
I know I can't wait to have it complete, we are extremely lucky. Will post pics when it is done!

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother F***** in the valley!....oorah

Old 09-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anch368

I know I can't wait to have it complete, we are extremely lucky. Will post pics when it is done!
Me to got a little more work to, putting a light in my safe, and im adding some shelves to it.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Still waiting on pics.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarbender
Still waiting on pics.
Totally forgot its a mess but will post when its clean, heres a pic of my safe closet

forumrunner_20121102_035436.jpg