Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   DIY Projects (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/)
-   -   gun leather (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/gun-leather-95665/)

Barney1023 08-18-2013 05:53 PM

gun leather

1 Attachment(s)
Hay yall in inherated my dads leather tools this is my second holster ive made firdt one turnedvout fine but I didnt do the basket weave pattern right. I hand stamped and hand sown. Im still not great at sowing I used to sow saddles with dad when I was younger. Any input on what im doing that would make me bettet is appreciated thanks

mountainman13 08-18-2013 06:11 PM

From the picture it Looks pretty damn good. Good selection of colors. Only thing I would recommend would be to watch the spacing on the stitching. It's a bit off around the trigger guard.

trip286 08-18-2013 06:16 PM

Looks like you just need a bit more practice to me. It looks good, but the lack of experience is evident. Build a few more, and some knife sheaths too. You already have a background in it, so just keep plugging away at it, you'll be turning out perfect holsters in no time.

Barney1023 08-18-2013 06:29 PM

Yea my stitching is my biggest downfall I have the tool to prepunch the holes. Yea I told all my buddys at work to bring me there guns and ill make them a holster so I should get plenty of practice.

JW357 08-18-2013 10:05 PM

Looks a lot better than I could make. Keep it up and I think you'll improve exponentially. And I agree the stitching gap isn't quite even, but I was looking for it since Mountainman already posted about it.

JohnJak 08-19-2013 09:28 PM

Nice job.:)

srtolly1 08-20-2013 03:46 AM

Nice job. I won't mention the stitching but I will mention that when I grab my firearm there are two things I don't like. 1) when I take the gun from the holster I want a full grip and it looks like there isn't much room for that by the trigger guard. 2) the other place I've had the issue is where my thumb goes when I grip the gun, don't want to grab leather.

Just some suggestions from someont that learned the hard way.

Scott

m_collins07 08-21-2013 06:55 PM

Look great to me.. I attempted to do some leather work and failed bad. Your is a way better than my attempts. Keep it up!

Barney1023 08-22-2013 01:39 PM

Thanks guys I have another to make this weekend for a p95 I have a bunch of buddys that love this design it dra2d easy it is the same on the backbad it is on the front so unless they have freakishly large hands its easy to get a positive purchase on the weapon. Also 5he gun is a glock with no safety so it was my intention to cover the trigger guard . Anyway it's not my cc setup but it still drews very well.

Barney1023 08-22-2013 01:41 PM

Thanks guys I have another to make this weekend for a p95 I have a bunch of buddys that love this design it drawseasy it is the same on the back as it is on the front so unless they have freakishly large hands its easy to get a positive purchase on the weapon. Also 5he gun is a glock with no safety so it was my intention to cover the trigger guard . Anyway it's not my cc setup but it still drews very well.