Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Gun Cleaning Input

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #921
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog
Looking forward to the range report! Do Not Forget To Clean. The AR is a precision machine and it needs attention. Get a breech/chamber brush an maybe a boresnake to make it easy. Im all jacked up now. My bro just got one too. Gigiddy Gigiddy
Tell that to my ARs they'd dissagree.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #922

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I clean after every firing. I use Hoppe's and BreakFree CLP. I use Q-Tips, jags and patches to try an clean as many parts as possible without going beyond field stripping.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #923

At the end of training, after using 100 or 150 cartridges, I remove the weapon to make a clean field. Carefully clean the barrel with sramatore, brush and asciugatuta thereof. Then, wash with detergent to the drum, with lebrificazione chain shot. That's it !

hallo Aktarus

Old 02-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #924

I clean after each use, Hopps patches through barrel, let set, then more wet patches, set for awhile then patch then wet bronse bore brush then patches tio clean then iol on patches, wipe weapon down , inside and out w/ hopps then oil rag everything

Old 02-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #925

A good exterior cleaner is RustysRags. They are treated with a silicon oil and last forever. I just occasionally have to re-oil them. If you haven't tried them, check em out. They give a gun a nice shine while giving it a nice protecting silicone based protectant.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #926

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default The best cleaning so far.

I purchased a can of the bore solvent that you spray foam the bore and leave it for fifteen minutes. I also use a nylon bristle bore brush after that and have found the bore to be cleaned out good without any wear. The solvent turns green from the copper it removes. Since the solvent is supposed to be just a spray and wipe out with a rag process. I also purchased a product named "Snipex" which is a high tech process of restoring the rifling in worn barrels to new condition. I applied the process while out at the range and found that the accuracy of the gun was greatly improved. Its good for 3000 rounds and by god it works great. Another product that really extends the life and functioning of the gun is the "Glide Slide" lubricant I have used. About the only part of the gun that I have to clean is the barrel with this lubricant. It does reduce recoil as stated and the gun functions much more smoothly.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #927

I also use the bore foam. It works pretty well. My only complaint is that the nozzle on the foam can is too large to fit into the chamber of a .22 rifle. For anything larger, the nozzle works OK.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #928

Default retired military and law enforcement

So of course i clean after every use as well as every month whether used or not

Old 02-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #929

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm lucky out here in Spokane. It has a very dry climate year round. Its rare to see much of any rust on pretty much everything. We have a lot of old cars etc. that are driven and in there original condition with no rust. Most of my firearms are
completely stainless steel so that also makes maintenance easy.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #930

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Check out this video on YouTube:

Excellent video on fast gun cleaning