Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > The FTF Glock Project Thread - Haters & FanBoys Can Suck It!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 04:16 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by clax View Post

I had a glock I bought used and after takeing some classes from a glock guy, he told me glock may not be the gun for me.
Im glad a glock guy did that and that you took the time to take a class to find out that it wasnt the gun for you.

Like cars all guns are not built the same and don't fit everybody. You wont ever see my big butt in a geo metro, and i wont carry a small framed gun if it doesnt feel right why use it. I wont practice with it. so can i really trust my life with it? I dont knock somebody else for carrying small guns or driving a geo metro

Alot of people not all think well the gun doesnt fit me so it must be junk or its the guns fault. When its a combination of things at once your size and the size of the gun.

Well sir you took the time to find out kudos for you because you could of ended up spending alot of money on something you wouldnt even use. Just saying.

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Old 11-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #62

The truth about it as I see it, manufacturers build a product that has advantages and disadvantages based on their target market. People who want to haul plywood don't want a ford mustang, although a bit of inginuity a mustang can haul plywood, or a pickup can run ten second quarter miles.

The truth is that yes a glock is a good gun, and so are many others, people like or dislike them for their own reasons. Otherwise there wouldn't be other products.

People tend to think that their opinion is fact, based on personal experiance, not knowledge. When if a relativly inexpensive multy use product was leaps and bounds better than everything else, nothing else would exist.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #63

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
JD, I applaud your logic but when it comes to certain guns it seems as though emotions rule the day. I'll give you the concrete areas where Glock could make changes and maybe, just maybe convince me to try one again:

1. Change the grip angle to something like every other pistol.

2. Remove or change the spacing on those @#$% finger grooves. As they are, they force my middle finger to crush against the trigger guard which is very uncomfortable.

3. Make the grip on larger caliber Glocks (G21, .45 primarily) feel less like a chunk of 2x4. I've had 2 G21s and I tried to like them as they are cheap to own and easy to maintain - they just feel TERRIBLE in my hand.

4. Get rid of that damn "Glock Perfection" marketing hype. It ain't true and makes people into fanboys...
Yes, I got the grip reduction with stippling done on all 4 of my glocks and I got those stupid finger grooves removed along with under cutting the bottom of the trigger guard. It cost me close to 500.00 to have all this work done but IMO, it has been worth every penny. My EDC is a G36 and I also have the 30SF, 19 and the 26. I also have several other semi autos and a few revolvers but after many years, I have found the Glocks to be the simplest, and most reliable guns for me. They just work for me!

Old 02-08-2012, 03:54 AM   #64

I know my 2 cents don't mean too much as I'm not well known in this forum but I will admit to any of my customers that although I have a Glock on my hip everyday, I hate them. The only reason I have it on my hip is because I can't miss. same hole over and over and over again. It's scary how good of a shot I am with almost any Glock (Not including the NON SF .45's as I have the hand size of a 12 year old girl). However I bought a brand new G19 Gen 4 at work and "destroyed" it in 7 days to be exactly what I wanted. It's ugly, it's resale value is ruined, it has a 3-3.5 lb trigger on a carry gun. But it's mine. Molded to my hand and out shoots almost everything! I shrunk the grip, stippled the handle, did all my own trigger work, all my polishing, and put a new barrel in it. I'd run it in any competition against guns that are 3 times more expensive! So right after I tell the customers how much I don't like Glocks, I follow it with the statement "but I love mine..." I carry my 19 now more than my Kobra Carry. I Like the capacity difference.

Name:  image-2788684843.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  41.5 KB

Old 02-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK2344 View Post
Yes, I got the grip reduction with stippling done on all 4 of my glocks and I got those stupid finger grooves removed along with under cutting the bottom of the trigger guard. It cost me close to 500.00 to have all this work done but IMO, it has been worth every penny. My EDC is a G36 and I also have the 30SF, 19 and the 26. I also have several other semi autos and a few revolvers but after many years, I have found the Glocks to be the simplest, and most reliable guns for me. They just work for me!
I'm of the opinion: "Why should Glock change anything in their design to suit folks?" I mean really! It happens to be an extremely popular firearm as it is so why ask them to change it?

Look, I've got a Glock and love it... I also have an XD-45 and a 1911 Colt. Love them too... I like the Glock for what it is and if I didn't, I would not have bought it in the first place.

Point is, if you don't like them, don't buy the dang thing simple as that...! This fan boy hate mongering of Glocks is a phenom of epic proportions and in my opinion is totally rediculous

I really don't care who you are but can we ever just leave this go and move on to more constructive topics?? lol

Nothing personal SK2344.. I meant to quote your entire post that included NGIB's comments... I don't have a problem with modifying any firearm to suit your needs... I'm just getting tired of the Glock bashing all together.. It's amazing that you only seem to see this with Glock..

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Last edited by TheOldMan; 02-08-2012 at 02:36 PM.