Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > The FTF Glock Project Thread - Haters & FanBoys Can Suck It!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That's impressive M14! I'm one of the few that love the feel of the stock Glock. I own two, and have no worries about either one. Those mods could change a few minds out there...

Old 09-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #42

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
I'm one of the few that love the feel of the stock Glock. I own two
Knew there was something odd about you...

Old 09-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #43

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
That's impressive M14! I'm one of the few that love the feel of the stock Glock. I own two, and have no worries about either one. Those mods could change a few minds out there...
Thanks, Dave. They have changed many people's minds over about Glocks over the years.

I think we sold as many Glocks just because people wanted the Enhancements done, over the years, as we did just because people wanted Glocks.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #44

As for the need to do work, or the expense of the work, all of my guns (and most people I know) get work done.

I have Jim Hoag do the sights on my 1911's. He machines on the front sights so they can never come off. Then I have him low mount either Heinie's or Bo-Mar BMCS. That one thing alone is over $100 (plus the rear sight cost). I do all of my own 1911 metal work so that is sweat equity, but most people who want edges melted, or triggers done, or beavertail's fitted spend many hundreds of dollars on their guns.

Here is a shot of my fully melted, and Enhanced Stainless Combat Commander (that I sold to a friend this summer ). You can see the melted edges and front sight (rear sight is one of Jim's making and was replaced with a Heinie Slant Pro). The melt on the other side was blended down to the barrel. This one came from Colt with a high cut front strap, but I gave it the same fitting that the Glocks get. It also came with a flat rib, but I melted that down to a flat strip and rounded edges. Guts were replaced with Ed Brown, grips with slimline Navidrex micarta. Finish is Gun Kote.

It was pretty cool, but I never used it anymore so it was time to go.

Think about how many 1911 custom shops there are, all doing the same thing. Modifying 1911's to taste.

A base model 1911 can be had for under $500, while a high end Wilson or Nighthawk easily hits $3,000+. And people line up to buy them.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #45
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5599 Times on 3295 Posts
Likes Given: 4684

The model numbering on this pefected Glock should indicate the caliber or size or something relevant to the firearm (XD45 uses .45ACP). Maybe if this modified model could be renumbered so that the last digit or two is the caliber, and the first digit is the frame size, then nobody would try to load 7 mm ammo in their Glock 17.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 09-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #46

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

OMG

Trash the plastic.

Add a grip safety.

Add a regular firing pin block safety.

Kill all the fanboys.

Change the grip angle.

Keep the double stack

3# trigger pull.

MAKE IT IN THE USA.

Hell just give me a 1911.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #47

Then just buy a 1911, Tango. Simple fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
OMG

Trash the plastic.

Add a grip safety.

Add a regular firing pin block safety.

Kill all the fanboys.

Change the grip angle.

Keep the double stack

3# trigger pull.

MAKE IT IN THE USA.

Hell just give me a 1911.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 09-11-2010, 04:36 AM   #48

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default My Experience only!

I have been shooting and owning Glock Pistols for the last 13 years and have carried the Glock 19 as a duty weapon for 12 years, so I think I have some valid input to the Glock Platform. At the present time I own 3 Glocks, the 19, 26, and the 30SF. The 26 is my main EDC but was not always at one time. I have always had a problem with the finger grooves and I hate myself for selling my old Glocks without these finger grooves years ago. since then I bought newer models and had them customized with Grip Reductions and finger groove removal which for me made all the difference in the world in my shooting accuracy with this weapon. I was allowed to carry and qualify with these modifications, my g 19 duty weapon. In my early years I had no Idea that these modifications could be made to these plastic guns but I am glad that I discovered it because I will never get rid of my three Modified Glocks. My 19 was sent to Bowie Tactical Concepts and the other two were modified by me. I hope this information helps and by the way, I am still looking for my first malfunction in all these years. Good luck everyone!

Old 09-11-2010, 06:10 AM   #49
Retired

Liked 2267 Times on 1356 Posts
Likes Given: 1058

So, if we get the gun, make modifications (by different people), would we consider a raffle in lines of "LTW" pistols.
Having each person who did mods add who and what was done to the gun on a piece of paper. Get with a gun rag to promote the raffle and have it during the annual NRA convention as the "FTF" pistol.
Proceeds would go to a good cause (such as cancer research).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 09-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #50

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default What's the big deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
So, if we get the gun, make modifications (by different people), would we consider a raffle in lines of "LTW" pistols.
Having each person who did mods add who and what was done to the gun on a piece of paper. Get with a gun rag to promote the raffle and have it during the annual NRA convention as the "FTF" pistol.
Proceeds would go to a good cause (such as cancer research).
Well I don't think It's a big deal to change the grip frame or remove the finger grooves on a Glock. After all, many gun owners buy different grips for their revolvers and model 1911's, so I don't see what the fuss is about. For me everything is just fine about the Glock except I would just like to get a better grip on the gun to fit my hand better. As far as modifications, I think the 1911 is the king of modifications. My Glocks now fit my hand and make me a much better shot, is this not a good thing. I guess It's not if you just plain hate this weapon. Oh well, to each his own!