The FTF Glock Project Thread - Haters & FanBoys Can Suck It! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects >

The FTF Glock Project Thread - Haters & FanBoys Can Suck It!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 7 Posts

JD, I actually handled a Glock that had a professional grip reduction done to it - and it made a world of difference. The problem with that is the grip work is expensive and you now have a Glock that feels like the other poly handguns - at a much higher investment. I have no desire to own a $1000 Glock that fits as there a lot of other guns that fit correctly from the factory - at a much lower price.

The bottom line is if there were no rabid, illogical Glock fanboys - we wouldn't have the constant drama. It isn't gun, it's the attitude of the legion of fanboys that keeps the crap flowing...

Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
JD, I actually handled a Glock that had a professional grip reduction done to it - and it made a world of difference.
Bonus. We are onto something here. This is an endorsed start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
The problem with that is the grip work is expensive and you now have a Glock that feels like the other poly handguns - at a much higher investment. I have no desire to own a $1000 Glock that fits as there a lot of other guns that fit correctly from the factory - at a much lower price.
Well if we could appropriate a used Glock, one of the turn ins by a police force or something like that, at a bargain price and we could get the grip reduction done without breaking the bank, would we have an acceptable starting point NGIB?

I am merely trying to create an acceptable platform that can bridge some of the hate into a "lesser common denominator evil" type of pistol.

At this point I am feeling the need to find a used GLock at a good price and build the FTF Edition - but apparently it will be all my ideas because no one is offering crap in this thread towards a finished product.

JD

Old 09-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
At this point I am feeling the need to find a used GLock at a good price and build the FTF Edition - but apparently it will be all my ideas because no one is offering crap in this thread towards a finished product.

JD
You are talking about our Glock owning forum members who have not contributed their suggestions of improvement to this thread yet...yes?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
You are talking about our Glock owning forum members who have not contributed their suggestions of improvement to this thread yet...yes?
Yes. We have not addressed the three or four BIGGEST complaints. I offer a link to an option and hear it's too expensive, but NO ONE is offering JACK ( no pun intended ) towards an FTF Glock finished product.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

JD I love ya like the brother you are but...........

This is a NOBLE endeavor (and one I think we should pursue) but what you are faced with is an issue similar to health care and its great debate here in the U.S.

And for this analogy, Im happy to be on the I hate health care! side of the issue.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #16
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3530 Times on 2025 Posts
Likes Given: 1557

My biggest problem is the trigger and trigger guard. I have no problems with the Sigma. I know there is not that much difference between the two, but there is enough there to turn me off of Glocks.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
JD I love ya like the brother you are but...........

This is a NOBLE endeavor (and one I think we should pursue) but what you are faced with is an issue similar to health care and its great debate here in the U.S.

And for this analogy, Im happy to be on the I hate health care! side of the issue.
LOL - And I love you too brother. I was merely trying to find a common ground for both sides.

I realize this thread is destined for hell, but before we reach Chiron, I might, just MIGHT, get a consenus of the next evolution of this platform that might sell millions.

I'll invite you to my palace in Vienna.

JD

Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Alright, I had a couple of slices of pizza and calmed down a little. At JD's request, here is my response.

1. Put a real safety on it. Having the lone safety on the trigger is pointless and does nothing in preventing the weapon from going off. I won't say it needs a manual but a back strap safety would be a big step.
2. Ditch the polygonally rifling.
3. Grip angle has been mentioned.
4. How about a stainless mag like the rest of the world? Polymer is cool but let's not overstress it's coolness. Stainless is way cooler....

Why does the ejector need to be so darn sharp? It works but does it really need to be razor like?

If it is truely modular like mentioned in another thread, that is a plus for a military weapon as it was originally designed.

I always knew cane was a nancy.....

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Alright, I had a couple of slices of pizza and calmed down a little. At JD's request, here is my response.

1. Put a real safety on it. Having the lone safety on the trigger is pointless and does nothing in preventing the weapon from going off. I won't say it needs a manual but a back strap safety would be a big step.
2. Ditch the polygonally rifling.
3. Grip angle has been mentioned.
4. How about a stainless mag like the rest of the world? Polymer is cool but let's not overstress it's coolness. Stainless is way cooler....

Why does the ejector need to be so darn sharp? It works but does it really need to be razor like?

If it is truely modular like mentioned in another thread, that is a plus for a military weapon as it was originally designed.

Pizza? My new dieting self hates you.

Spitty, I am glad you came back and welcome your input. I may not jump right on building Excalibur-Glock, but you never know. As such, I want all my guys weighing in.

1. - I agree that the weapon needs a different trigger and in-effect, moving the safety elsewhere. I think this is a common complaint and it's an easy to fix problem. The trigger is for going bang, not trying to do double duty. I am still doing some research on this issue. I might need to take this to Brett and see what he has in the dark recesses of his Mad Scientist mind.

2. - Well, H&K is using this same technology and no one is bitching about their weapons. I had an H&K ( USP Tactical ) for several years. That pistol ate everything I ever fed it, never had a FTE or FTF and was on target at what I pointed it at. my biggest complaint was the how big the god damn thing was. I don't have a problem with polyagonal rifling as experienced thus far.

3. - I think if you look at the Robar offerings, you will see an improvement. It's not perfect, but it's MUCH better as NGIB has offered. I would like to try this grip, and the angle, and see if I like it better than the stock Glock offering.

4. - Hmmm, I am betting that Cane and his friends at Tripp would say that the ideal balance would be a bit of both. Perhaps we can talk to Tripp about an advanced Glock mag??

I have not heard anything about the extractor before this post. Please elaborate with some examples. This is honestly new to me.

JD

Old 09-07-2010, 01:14 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Watch it or I'll beat you to within an inch of your life.........with my purse!

And JD, Virgil Tripp doesn't like health care either.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello