Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > First try at doing a camo paint job

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default here we go

I'm not sure if i'm finished or if i'm still going to put little patterns here and there like planned or just leave it alone now. but here is what i got guys. dont flame me it was my first try and turned out to be harder than anticipated.

100_1109.jpg   100_1108.jpg  

Old 03-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #32

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith84 View Post
it came with a sample of 3mm bathroom hooks so the wife was happy she got something out of the deal. not tryin to stray off topic too much but how do you guys justify the amounts of money it takes to buy quality firearms to the wife? i been doing ok so far but the next ones on my list are gettin pretty pricey and she is startin to want to spend just as much on useless crap.
Quote:
LOL i just seen your post. Nah i got my gf holdin it for the picture.
None of my business, but......does your wife know your girlfriend is holding your rifle for you?

Old 03-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #33

lol well we aren't married yet sometimes i just call her my wife because weve been together for almost 4 years and livin together for about 2. talkin about the same girl both times lol

Old 03-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #34

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
lol well we aren't married yet sometimes i just call her my wife because weve been together for almost 4 years and livin together for about 2. talkin about the same girl both times lol
Gotcha, just playin'. Nice job on your rifle.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #35

thanks you guys think i should put a few smaller patterns here and there in each color or is it good? i can't decide

Old 03-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Looks good to me, any further paint is strictly a personal decision.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #37

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Looks good to me too. Whatever floats your boat on the smaller patterns. You could also use a small watercolor brush to clean up some of the bleed over. Just an idea.

Did you enjoy the project? Are you happy with the results? It looks like it was a fair amount of work.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:58 AM   #38

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:

Are you aware that by Texas common law you are married to her now. Don't know where you live but I would be careful about calling her your wife if your not serious.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Are you aware that by Texas common law you are married to her now. Don't know where you live but I would be careful about calling her your wife if your not serious.
lol not sure about ga laws on that but we probably are common law married
i read once that if you check into a hotel as mr. and mrs. 3 times that you are common law married. anyhoo it is serious. we plan on getting married just can't afford it yet. also my job doesn't allow any vacation time and i dont wanna get married and have to go to work a day later. i got me a good one i aint lettin her go anywheres you can bank on that.

i think i am going to touch up that paint job a little bit theres a little run near the buttstock and the tape took a lil tiny bit here and there and it came out good but i wanted great so im gonna tweak it a bit until i think its perfect

Old 05-22-2010, 05:08 AM   #40

Wow, awesome paint job, man!

You've inspired me to do a paint job on my M700 now. Thankfully I have an airsoft one to try it out on first! Haha!

Although, I'm thinking a woodland MARPAT.