finished 1911 cad design
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > finished 1911 cad design

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default finished 1911 cad design

Finished cad drawings from RIA blueprints.

1911colt.jpg   1911coltcompact.jpg   1911coltcompact2.jpg   1911colt3.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Sweet. Have you converted it to machine language yet?

Old 04-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That is pretty sweet. You definitely have some skill there. Excellent work.

D

Old 04-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #4

I already don't have cnc machines ,but built one by machining on conventional milling and turning machines.I completely built it from bar stock material except some cheap parts.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:25 AM   #5

That rocks!!!
Have never used Solidworks, mainly AutoCAD and Inventor.

Top work!

Keep up the fight, or give up the right!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #6

Excellent work, you're working in the direction I also plan to go in. Would you post some pics of your 1911 fabrication and would it be possible to talk you into posting your CAD file for download?

Also, where were you able to obtain the blueprints from?

‘‘War clouds were gathering rapidly. The sending of more than 3,000 British army regulars under Maj. Gen. Thomas Gage to Boston further exacerbated the imperial rift. When a column of these troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.’’ - The American Revolution Begins

Old 10-28-2008, 08:09 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

The BATFE requires that you have a manufacturer's license in order to produce firearms. The frame carries the serial number on pistols and therefore, you have to run an off the shelf frame or have a current manufacturer's license.

Be aware that there are federal agents that peruse the web looking at sites like this for evil doers. It would suck to have your door kicked in at 3 in the morning just because you didn't know the laws, or you felt that they didn't apply to you.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
The BATFE requires that you have a manufacturer's license in order to produce firearms. The frame carries the serial number on pistols and therefore, you have to run an off the shelf frame or have a current manufacturer's license.

Be aware that there are federal agents that peruse the web looking at sites like this for evil doers. It would suck to have your door kicked in at 3 in the morning just because you didn't know the laws, or you felt that they didn't apply to you.
Matt have they changed the law regarding this ? It use to be you had to have a manufactures license only if you intended to sell the weapon .

You could make all the say 1911's you wanted as long as they are for personal use only but never give or sell them to anyone .

Companies use to get away with selling what I think was called an 80% frame without a serial # because it wasn't finished enough to be considered a gun and you had to do enough work that you were considered making a personel firearm .

Old 10-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Matt have they changed the law regarding this ? It use to be you had to have a manufactures license only if you intended to sell the weapon .

You could make all the say 1911's you wanted as long as they are for personal use only but never give or sell them to anyone .

Companies use to get away with selling what I think was called an 80% frame without a serial # because it wasn't finished enough to be considered a gun and you had to do enough work that you were considered making a personel firearm .
No ****, huh? I might have to check into that.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
No ****, huh? I might have to check into that.
A little info I have read on other forums

Quote:
A6) Does the GCA prohibit anyone from making a handgun, shotgun or rifle? [Back]

With certain exceptions a firearm may be made by a non-licensee provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms. However, a person is prohibited from assembling a non-sporting semi-automatic rifle or non-sporting shotgun from imported parts. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and approval by ATF. An application to make a machine gun will not be approved unless documentation is submitted showing that the firearm is being made for a Federal or State agency.
http://www.acmearms.com/80percentfaq.php/

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#a7