Finally starting ar15 build. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Finally starting ar15 build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
1. It's very good, to me. Anything as long it's Mil-Spec, good to go. It comes back to which rollmark u like best. I love Spike's.
2. You can get BCM, DD or Noveske. They are the top notch brands. Most people will suggest BCM or DD.
3. I would suggest ALG Combat trigger $65, with JP Springs kit $10. Have them in all my ARs. Very crisp and light trigger pull.
4. Depends on your need. Amazon has the EOTech 512 on special, specially if yiu have Amazon CC. It's only less than $300 shipped.
5. Just go with the Mil-Spec for buffer tube and stock, no doubt. In rails, there's no specific Mil-Spec or Commercial though.
^^
1. Good think about thing about the rollmark is I don't really care about it. Also, my friend has a laser engraving shop that I can just tell him what I want and he will hook me up with whatever engravings I want on whatever I get which is very nice. I am sure if I wanted a lot he would eventually say I am going to need a little cash for it but not for small work.
2. I will be watching the sales sales sales thread for a nice upper hoping one will be on sale.
3. I will check the trigger out.
4. My friend got an EOTech recently and loves it. I have yet to see it or shoot with it but hopefully soon. I love amazon <3 premium member, 2 day shipping is so nice.
5. I will make sure to go with mil-spec then.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Legion makes a cery nice barrel, my next build will include it. Its hex flutted and they attempted to trash it best they could but they blew themselves away with the reliability and durability of it. They put it in the mud and kicked it around and then desided ti run alot of rounds thru it. All that happen is the mud turned to dirt and flaked off. And it remained spot on accurate heres a puc you should check them out. I think theyre better than noveake or larue

barrel_20_hex-2t.jpg
Tell me that doesnt look bada$$