Originally Posted by xcoreyyyx
1. Is spikes a good quality stripped lower?
2. What is a good quality assembled upper to be watching for sales for?
3. Any suggestions on a nice trigger for an ar?
4. Red dot with magnifier or a scope?
5. What is the whole debate on milspec and commercial? I saw people having issues with having their gun with milspec parts and the sight was off or something. I see that milspec is forged but then you have to buy all milspec parts (like stock and rails?) when using milspec tube?
1. It's very good, to me. Anything as long it's Mil-Spec, good to go. It comes back to which rollmark u like best. I love Spike's.
2. You can get BCM, DD or Noveske. They are the top notch brands. Most people will suggest BCM or DD.
3. I would suggest ALG Combat trigger $65, with JP Springs kit $10. Have them in all my ARs. Very crisp and light trigger pull.
4. Depends on your need. Amazon has the EOTech 512 on special, specially if yiu have Amazon CC. It's only less than $300 shipped.
5. Just go with the Mil-Spec for buffer tube and stock, no doubt. In rails, there's no specific Mil-Spec or Commercial though.