Enclosed shooting bench / deer blind
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Enclosed shooting bench / deer blind

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Default Enclosed shooting bench / deer blind

Plans completed for new 3 person shooting bench. Its going on a 350 meter range I just completed. I also placed a feeder at 300m.

The double doors are for when the blind is being used as a shooting bench. Both doors can be opened for air flow, it is hot in Texas!

I used 2X6s to fill the gap seen below. You can see them in the next picture. The 2x6s made it a tight enough fit that I don't need a latch to keep criters out when not in use.

Now on to paint!

Did someone call for a fork lift?? Coming right up!

I also got the level out and adjusted the stand so the shooting surface is level.

Here is a view from the feeder looking back at the stand.

Same spot as before just zoomed in.

A white fallow caught on the game cam I have set up on the feeder.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2891 Times on 1411 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Jason,

That is fantastic! Great Job! We have around five tower stands in Texas but I know some places where your design would work fantastic on the property. I may build one of them this coming year for next falls hunt! Thanks for sharing this! And like your Buddy who is there helping you!!!! Here is a picture of mine resting after a work day.

babygirl-chair.jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 11-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #3

Liked 2208 Times on 1517 Posts
Likes Given: 820

That is a very nice blind. Friends of mine have a permanent blind with electricity run to it. They don't kill a lot of deer because they are to busy watching TV or cooking. They have a good time, that is all that matters.