Current project: M44 Nagant Carbine - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Current project: M44 Nagant Carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

R we going to get a range report on it and your mosin?

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 07-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #12

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

If you want to use your Mosin Nagant for home defense the only way to not get over penetration is to use this ammo.
Czech 7.62x54r hollow core

It is only a 44.8gr projectile(less than a .223) it won't go through a 2x4 unless you are right on top of it.
You could start a fire with the muzzle blast that comes off of this round so be careful around the furniture.
More info on this round.
Czechoslovakian 1964 7.62x54r Hollow Core Short Range

Old 07-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #13

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 785

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post
If you want to use your Mosin Nagant for home defense the only way to not get over penetration is to use this ammo.

It is only a 44.8gr projectile(less than a .223) it won't go through a 2x4 unless you are right on top of it.
You could start a fire with the muzzle blast that comes off of this round so be careful around the furniture.
More info on this round.
Neat!! Do you know if just the projectiles are available? I woulnd mind making some plinkers for my Arisaka with these...

Old 07-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #14

Range report is coming soon, gotta find a day where it ISN'T raining in Florida to go. Will be taking the Nagant, A Mossberg .270, A Chinese SKS and a few other various weapons. Will try to take pictures and report when I go.

God, Guns and Hot Sauce, just about all I need to survive. -=ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ=-

Old 07-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melium View Post
Range report is coming soon, gotta find a day where it ISN'T raining in Florida to go. Will be taking the Nagant, A Mossberg .270, A Chinese SKS and a few other various weapons. Will try to take pictures and report when I go.
HA! you should move to Texas, here everyday is a range day, sometimes even chistmas

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #16

Default Range Report is here!

Finally a day of sun here in Florida. Someone lied when they said it was the Sunny state.. Well, here's the range report: Went Saturday down to the Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club. Took the Nagant, my grandfathers /270 Mossberg, a single action .22 pistol, a Cougar .40, and the crown jewel of the day: A Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum. Let me just say that i've never seen so many gun veterans turn head and stop shooting at the sound of a single gunshot before. The Nagant performed admirably for having the front sight knocked off kilt, it shot a hand size grouping at 100 yards. Still needs some tweaking, but it's alot better than last time when it didn't even hit paper. The .270 shot a near perfect grouping at 50 yards, considering it's zeroed at 300. The .22 pistol is a tackdriver at 7 and 10 yards, shooting a small square of tape 6 shots in a row. The Cougar, I found out has a feed lip issue and a jamming issue with Winchester ball rounds, but loads and fires Federal and all other brands perfectly. That's about it on the range report, let me know if you have any tips or ideas on how to make it better for next time.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #17

I'm going to have to look into those rounds, they look perfect for home defense or even just plinking in the yard.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:32 AM   #18

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default HD

i havent read this post all the way through but what with all the hd stuff? just cause its cheep cant we sportrize and accurize

Old 07-27-2011, 04:10 AM   #19

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post

More info on this round.
You could mount the bayonet and scare them away. Don't know about you but if I saw 4 feet of rifle topped with 18" of steel coming at me I'd leave in a hurry...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-01-2011, 02:37 AM   #20

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
You could mount the bayonet and scare them away. Don't know about you but if I saw 4 feet of rifle topped with 18" of steel coming at me I'd leave in a hurry...
Bayonet or not if you fired one round & the muzzle flash was enough to blind me and set half my clothes on fire no mater if I got hit or not I would turn & run.