Client's Rifle - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Client's Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts

Correct.

As previous posts indicate, this rifle uses an adjustable gas block and it was modified so we can interact with it externally without having to disassemble anything to switch modes of operations.

Future versions will actually use a thumb screw type connection (tool-less operation basically), but right now all it takes is a small allen-key and we can switch between manual operation and the standard semi-automatic mode of operation. All with a few turns of the gas valve screw.

We hope an even more future version will feature a "clicking" mechanism so that the gas adjustment setting can easily be identified and set by the user without trial and error. Maybe even pre-etched values so a user can visually set the gas valve to the required setting. (Imagine if you will a channel dial on an old school TV, but much smaller obviously!)

Same photo from an previous post,

Last edited by DuraCoater; 11-29-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #22

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraCoater View Post

We hope an even more future version will feature a "clicking" mechanism so that the gas adjustment setting can easily be identified and set by the user without trial and error. Maybe even pre-etched values so a user can visually set the gas valve to the required setting. (Imagine if you will a channel dial on an old school TV, but much smaller obviously!)
I spent 4 years with an M249SAW. This knob you speak of exist and has been around for a while.

A thought though...
The knob on my SAW was fairly large and round, stuck out quite a ways too...

So, maybe a lever, mounted directly to the gas block? Accessed by a slot through the hand guard that the tip peeks out of, slide it back and forth.

Much like a tang safety. Can be mounted to operate length wise or transversely.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #23

Well when I say knob, I should clarify it would be low profile and adjustable with your pointer finger and thumb.

Take the picture above and take out the need for an allen key and just enough surface to turn easily with those two fingers.

But anything could change in the design from now till then.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #24
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

What hand guard is that.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #25

By hand guard I assume you are referring to the chassis for the rifle - this is a product made by us, but not commercially available yet. We still have work to do on the internal cooling system.

This client was a special circumstance, in simple terms: an investor.

Our website (which doesn't have much on it at the moment) is HTTP://LLARMS.COM - as I stated before we have no products or services open to the public at this time and won't for quite a bit.

Last edited by DuraCoater; 11-30-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #26
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraCoater
By hand guard I assume you are referring to the chassis for the rifle - this is a product made by us, but not commercially available yet. We still have work to do on the internal cooling system.

This client was a special circumstance, in simple terms: an investor.

Our website (which doesn't have much on it at the moment) is HTTP://LLARMS.COM - as I stated before we have no products or services open to the public at this time and won't for quite a bit.
Hand guard is another name for the fore end

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #27

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

His is a little different than a simple fore end. It's actually a liquid cooling system. His shop built it, it's not on the market.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Hand guard is another name for the fore end
As the previous poster eluded, our chassis is a bit more complex than a simple hand guard.