Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Cleaning Case

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 03:03 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ammo box cabinet

I put my junk in ammo boxes and then put them in a filing cabinet. four 50cal boxes fit perfect in a filing cabinet drawer. Cleaning box, gun parts box, ammo boxes, choke box, knives box, etc.. Then I lock the cabinet and lable each drawer with lables such as "tax reciepts", "work files", "family pics"....etc. that way, it becomes a diversion safe as well.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I got sick of looking online and I went to Cabelas yesterday and bought a Plano model that looks like it was made for this sort of thing without being overly large.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbelly View Post
I put my junk in ammo boxes and then put them in a filing cabinet. four 50cal boxes fit perfect in a filing cabinet drawer. Cleaning box, gun parts box, ammo boxes, choke box, knives box, etc.. Then I lock the cabinet and lable each drawer with lables such as "tax reciepts", "work files", "family pics"....etc. that way, it becomes a diversion safe as well.
That's a pretty cool idea! I'm not happy with my current protection. It's really only good enough to keep children from getting to that sort of thing. I've been considering a safe.