Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Capturing Lead on a home range. Ideas?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 02:55 AM   #1
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1604 Times on 888 Posts
Likes Given: 4858

Default Capturing Lead on a home range. Ideas?

I've been spattering lead off my steel on my home range.

It seems like a good idea to me, to find a way to capture and save the lead for two reasons.

1 Re-use for reloading
2.Prevent my Cows from eating it.

Before the steel, I used LARGE stumps in front of the berm to capture and retain. Bullets passing through the paper targets would embed themselves safely in the stump.

Perhaps a shadow box for the steel, with sand at the bottom. I'm thinking that the spatter from the steel, would hit the shadow box (2 x 6 ?) and drop into the sand.

What ideas might you'all have?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2014, 02:29 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3701 Times on 2277 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I've thought a lot about this, as we're gonna try to have a range on our property when we buy a house.

So basically I'm subbing for updates.

I started a thread a long time ago. I'll see if I can dig it up.

_________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

Always have clean socks.

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 02-11-2014, 02:32 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3701 Times on 2277 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Here it is. Some interesting thoughts in it. Hope it helps.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94701

Help with outdoor bullet trap

_________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

Always have clean socks.