Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > AR Lower Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AR Lower Question

Who makes that lower that is stamped with a peace sign and "Strength Through Superior Firepower"?? I think I may want to build an AR, where can I find one?......markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-10-2009, 01:12 AM   #2

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Tom Sawyer Mfg. I'm not sure if they made the whole receiver or just do the engraving. But ether way I don't think there in business any more.

If you need an inexpensive AR lower receiver try here

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/AR_Superior_Arms_S-15_AR15_.223_Receiver.html

And I think it says on the peace sign "Peace Through Superior Firepower" it is a logo of life liberty, etc.com
http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/product.aspx?pid=12

Last edited by 7.62 Man; 06-10-2009 at 01:54 AM.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. Is there a difference in lowers? The aimsurplus price is a lot lower than the ones I've seen while shopping around..........markerdown

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 06-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #4

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by markerdown View Post
Thanks for the info. Is there a difference in lowers? The aimsurplus price is a lot lower than the ones I've seen while shopping around..........markerdown
If you want a general purpose plinker some are better than others, but if you want a sniper or sharpshooter type then say with the higher priced lowers. What I’m saying is they all shoot, but the higher priced lowers have a little bit better fit & finish.
The ones aimsurplus sells are good; everyone that I’ve talked to that bought one has not had any trouble out of them.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post
... What I’m saying is they all shoot, but the higher priced lowers have a little bit better fit & finish.
A lower is a lower is a lower to quote my brother from the PNW. 7.62 shares the opinion (informed opinion that is) of most on here. As long as she is forged and not cast, and from a reputable manufacturer...it will be good to go. Couple of lessons learned though:

Finish "color" is not always the same. If you have an upper in mind, and you dont want an unintentional "two tone"...make sure they match.

Now there are LPKs and then there are LPKs (lower parts kits). Some appear they have been forged in Cane's garage, some are high quality. Use caution if building your own, good quality springs/ components are a must. An AR lower is essentially a spring wound bullet launcher wrapped in an aluminum housing that holds it all together. Good luck!

Old 06-12-2009, 01:02 AM   #6

I just ordered the lower from Aimsurplus. I'm just gonna build a basic plinker for my first one, see how it turns out and go from there. .........markerdown

Last edited by markerdown; 06-12-2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: sp