Anyone ever make a homemade bipod ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Anyone ever make a homemade bipod ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Anyone ever make a homemade bipod ?

I've seen pics of homemade bipods (harris & others) yet I've yet to see any plans or schematics anywhere if anyone has any or knows a link I'd appreciate it & I'm sure I'm not alone.
Note- not looking for shooting sticks or links to buy them or PVC air-soft bipods either.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I've never heard of home made bipods, besides shooting sticks. I would think you would need some machine equipment to get all the telescoping to work properly. If your looking for a cheap one check cables bargain cave, I got one for just over $30 not to long ago.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:07 AM   #3

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

I have made a bipod for an SKS using the baynett lug. Made it out of some aluminum tent poles. It was ok for awhile but the fit and finish was never right. Its a good project and I had fun, but its not as easy as you think. Hardest part was bending the metal frame for the poles to connect to the frame. I just used rivets to hold it together. Springs were bought at ace hardware hold the legs.