Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Anyone ever made their own gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion11 View Post
I saw the movie, In the Line of Fire, recently, and the villain makes his own little gun in the movie.

Have you ever done this or know anyone who has?
My dad has made a .62 caliber smoothbore muzzleloader. It's as accurate as all get out, and has taken down deer, rabbits, and squirrels a-plenty.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:18 AM   #12

Hey guys! i am planning on buying a 6.5 Grendel® 19.5 GDMR (Grendel Designated Marksman). I heard about the awesome new 6.5 and i now have fallen head over heels for it. but thats not all. i want to modify it to make it bullpup - BWAHAHAHAH!! I wont get into any complicated mechanics, ill just do something like this. *see pic* wish me luck/any tips?

now im gonna have to make a couple modifications apart from the obvious conversion in the pic. i only had paint to do this with so bear with me.

is this madness? i think its sparta, but you might think diffrently.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We are making semi auto MG42's at this @tt and also offering them for sale.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Hey guys! i am planning on buying a 6.5 Grendel® 19.5 GDMR (Grendel Designated Marksman). I heard about the awesome new 6.5 and i now have fallen head over heels for it. but thats not all. i want to modify it to make it bullpup - BWAHAHAHAH!! I wont get into any complicated mechanics, ill just do something like this. *see pic* wish me luck/any tips?

now im gonna have to make a couple modifications apart from the obvious conversion in the pic. i only had paint to do this with so bear with me.

is this madness? i think its sparta, but you might think diffrently.
I want pics of your progress on this project. I don't see how you will overcome the buffer tube problem, unless using a gas piston upper. The charging handle will be a challenge as well. Do you have access to autocad, or plastic molding facilities. A local plastic shop here will make anything you want provided a drawing, and specs. You may want to pick up a Bushmaster M17 for study if you are really serious about this.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:44 AM   #15

I've been building AKs and ARs for the past couple of years now and must admit that when I first started, I had hesitations because of the vagueness of some of the laws. Thank God I moved next door to a neighbor, who's also an ATF agent, and she is more than willing to answer the majority of my questions.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:58 AM   #16

The laws concerning the private building of non-NFA firearms are well documented on F-Troop's website. Until very recently, F-Troop was a part of the Treasury Department because their purpose and function was to collect taxes (yes, that's right, 80 men, women, and children in Waco were killed over taxes and it was never proved they owed them). Most of the firearms manufacturing laws are based on tax liability.

So, to net it out, because the Treasury Department's jurisdiction is defined by (a) taxes, and (b) interstate commerce, you can build your own non-NFA firearms (which incur special taxes) to your heart's content, as long as you do not engage in the business of building them for sale. But, be sure to read the appropriate laws on the website.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #17

Question? Would taking old milsurps and rebarrleing modifing the bolt, stock etc. be considered rolling your own? Dave

:D when in doubt, back up and punt:cool:

Old 07-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #18

I'll stick to building muzzle loaders. They are not a "gun" according to the Government and according to the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Gun Control is a MUST! If you cannot control your gun get one you CAN!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball 3 View Post
Question? Would taking old milsurps and rebarrleing modifing the bolt, stock etc. be considered rolling your own? Dave
No. That would be considered WECSOGging.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:25 AM   #20

I've assembled them. Documented building an Ar from a box of parts with photos.