Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Ak 47

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ak 47

Does anyone know that of you purchase a Bulgarian AK47 parts kit that comes from a fully auto AK. This part kit includes everything except the barrel and receiver. Can you replace the pieces on a Romanian AK that is semi to make it fully but only after registering for fully auto. Just wanting to know what all you would have to do.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #2

Liked 53 Times on 42 Posts

It would require modifications to the receiver which is not included in the parts kit. If you get caught, it is 5-10 in the pen. You can't add machine guns to the registry.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I actually have a full instruction manual (for educational purposes only) for converting a semi auto AK to full auto.

And it ain't nearly as easy as swapping a few parts around.
I don't even know if this instruction manual is accurate, as I neither own an AK, nor have any intention of trying to convert one. I have no desire to become someone's bitch in prison.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:55 AM   #4

Liked 7550 Times on 3286 Posts
Likes Given: 1119

No. Can give you the long no or the short one.

ONLY those full autos ALREADY registered with the BATFE by May 1986 can be transferred between private citizens, and no more can be made for transfer to a private citizen.

What you are describing is MAKING a full auto. THAT is 10 yrs in a Federal prison, $10,000 fine, and a new roomate who is telling you your name is now Nancy.

BTW, this is why a LEGAL, transferable AK is about $12,000. They do not make them anymore.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Closed Thread